SX_Reboot

SX_Reboot 1.0

No permission to download

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Game_Over submitted a new resource:

SX_Reboot - This 'homebrew' allows you to quickly reload your Switch CFW without using a dongle or PC.

Earlier this week, Team-Xecuter finally released their updated SX OS v2.6.1 with full support for v7.x Switch firmwares, and there was included some undocumented new features one of them was 'reboot-to-payload' and as such the homebrew developers called [WAIN] decided to quickly put together an 'customized' version so that users can enjoy this using this new feature.
Usage:
  1. Place the SX_Reboot.nro attached below, in your /sxos/ folder or root of your...
Read more about this resource...

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
This is a hidden gem that should be blasted everywhere! reboot-to-payload is a highlight of this new release!

Thanks for sharing.

Jonesy9123

Feb 28, 2019
Canada
So this lets me turn on the switch without using the dongle in autoRCM mode or if autoRCM is disabled I don't need the jig or the dongle? Not sure I'm understanding what this does.

Victorb9

Feb 8, 2019
UAE
It states for reboot.
If you open link you can find info that for now it won’t do the trick if cfw will crash for some reason.

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
So this lets me turn on the switch without using the dongle in autoRCM mode or if autoRCM is disabled I don't need the jig or the dongle? Not sure I'm understanding what this does.
No, if you are booting up the switch, you still need to use the jig and dongle or AutoRCM to boot into the CFW.

This is a homebrew app that allows you to restart your switch while booted in the CFW and after the restart it will load right back into the CFW without needing to use the dongle or jig/ AutoRCM. This is useful if you are installing something or need to reboot your switch while in the CFW.

However, if your switch crashes, you will need to use the dongle and jig/AutoRCM to get back into the CFW.

Jonesy9123

Feb 28, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the clarification. I have yet to run into anything that required me to restart the switch, but I can see how that could be useful.

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
Thanks for the clarification. I have yet to run into anything that required me to restart the switch, but I can see how that could be useful.
No problem. If you ever use the built in SX OS feature to update to the latest SX OS version in the "Photos Album", it prompts you to restart the switch for the new version to be applied.

Reactions: Jonesy9123

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
This is just v1.0 too, right now it just reboots. Maybe we will see more features added to this in the future? We will see.
In the main post it mention that the feature this homebrew app is using is one of “some” undocumented features. Would you know what the other undocumented features are? That caught my eye and was just wondering.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
In the main post it mention that the feature this homebrew app is using is one of “some” undocumented features. Would you know what the other undocumented features are? That caught my eye and was just wondering.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: tokyo

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
This should be added to sxos site and give credit to the app. this works the same as atmosphere one

alternative one is payload launcher which can reboot to any payload on the sd card. for sxos you need the bin file of it on the sd card

oh i thought of something for the SX_Reeboot to have, the "power off" option that's normally in SX Boot menu so you can power off your switch and avoid the AutoRCM battery drain without the need to move though the menu

Last edited:

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
I would like to see this hooked to the power menu's reboot button, and for crash rebooting like Atmosphere. It would also be nice if you could set a custom payload like atmosphere does.

xblabberx

Noob Account
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Does this work with rebooting from emuNAND back into emuNAND? Would love to use this if it works that way, don't want CFW to ever touch my sysNAND honestly.

THeyKilledKenny

Noob Account
Jan 19, 2019
italy
@Game_Over
I did a little windows program able to switch between Emunand on hidden partition and Emunand on Files, is possible to add this very simple features to SX_Reboot?

Thank you!