SXOS 2.4 EmuNAND Boot.dat?

8455MB

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
Greetings!
I tried to create an Emunand with the "Hidden Partition" option; Everything goes well and even you can "Boot SXOS FW" when it finishes, but if you power off the console and try to "Inject payload" again and try to boot SXOS Loader, it can't find "boot.dat" despite being on the SD card.

When you try create an EmuNAND partition through SX OS when booting now it can't find my
boot.dat file despite it being on the SD card.
I have reading several posts about this and it seems it works for some people; Im not sure if its a SD problem or even SXOS, but if someone has fixed it, can you please tell me what did you do? I even tried to format the SD card in exFAT and FAT32, but until now I cant find a proper solution.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
What size is the SD card you are using?

8455MB

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
Yea, I tried that too. I even started with a FAT32 partition and later an exFAT partition, and nothing worked. It seems that there is a 2.4.1 version of SXOS, im gonna try with that one :)

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
It seems like an issue with 64gb cards for some reason. I am going to test my 64gb card tomorrow. Any particular reason you want to use the partition version?

8455MB

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
It seems like an issue with 64gb cards for some reason. I am going to test my 64gb card tomorrow. Any particular reason you want to use the partition version?
For what I read, its more secure than having files on a SD card, but maybe Im just being more paranoid. I just want to play online with OFW and install homebrew in CFW.

Last edited:

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
use an hex editor, open the boot.dat from your microsd and open the boot.dat from your pc, do you see all the values match on both files? if not, then you are using a fake microsd with all real space already used up on the hidden partition

8455MB

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
use an hex editor, open the boot.dat from your microsd and open the boot.dat from your pc, do you see all the values match on both files? if not, then you are using a fake microsd with all real space already used up on the hidden partition
I have tested it and yes, both are identical. Besides, I used h2wtest when I bought the mSD card and everything goes well. I dont think at all the problem is the mSD card, its just its kinda incompatible with a 64GB card, at least for what I have reading... :confused:

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
I have tested it and yes, both are identical. Besides, I used h2wtest when I bought the mSD card and everything goes well. I dont think at all the problem is the mSD card, its just its kinda incompatible with a 64GB card, at least for what I have reading... :confused:
I wasn't able to create the hidden partition on my exfat 64GB also, keep saying not enough free space, then I formatted it to fat32 and it was able to create the hidden partition with no problems.
With 30 GB of free space left, It boots fine on fat32 and exfat (which is what I am using now)

8455MB

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
I wasn't able to create the hidden partition on my exfat 64GB also, keep saying not enough free space, then I formatted it to fat32 and it was able to create the hidden partition with no problems.
With 30 GB of free space left, It boots fine on fat32 and exfat (which is what I am using now)
Thats pretty strange; The bug must be related to some SD cards then. Alright, Thank you very much for testing :D