SXOS BETA v3.0.4 Powercycle Pink Screen Issue (RCM V1 SWITCH)

RainyOnEmunand

Jul 26, 2020
Higher Than The Clouds
OK So just updated to sxos 3.0.4 beta (bare in mind, on a non hard-modded rcm v1 launch day switch.) So I have tried to boot via pc and rcm loader dongle. The Problem is that only very rarely will fully boot. What I mean by this is that after I boot to the sxos payload It will either crash or the system will pink screen, However I can reboot the console and use it just fine. I have tried multiple solutions yet none of them seem to work. Not a major issue to me although I can see this being a bigger problem in the future.

Solutions mentioned:

•Formatting sd card both to ex fat and fat 32

•Formatting console using Hakku33

•Using System Repair menu to factory reset the console.

vinson77

Oct 1, 2019
Philippines
Got the same issue with you on my v1 Launch Day Switch. I either get a Purple Screen or Black Screen most of the time and all of my installed games constantly gets corrupted for no reason on SX OS v3.0.2 and v3.0.3. A couple of v1 Launch Day Switch users got their motherboard corrupted because of v3.0.2, v3.0.3, v3.0.4... :(

I decided to go back to v2.9.5. Issues that I experienced using v3.0.2 and v3.0.3 are not showing up anymore.

NSX Panic Codes:
0x7PinkInvalid CPU context
0x8PinkInvalid SE state
0x9PinkCPU is already awake [2.0.0+]
0x30PurpleGeneral bootloader error
0x31PurpleInvalid DRAM ID
0x32PurpleInvalid size
0x33PurpleInvalid argument
0x34PurpleBad GPT
0x35PurpleFailed to boot SafeMode
0x36PurpleActivity Monitor fired [4.0.0+]

NSX Panic Colors:
Pink0xFF77FFSecure Monitor (deep sleep) [4.0.0+]
Purple0xAA00FFBootloader (general errors)

Last edited:

copyandpaste

Sep 21, 2019
usa
A couple of v1 Launch Day Switch users got their motherboard corrupted because of v3.0.2, v3.0.3, v3.0.4...
I'm always on the lookout for potential problems, especially before upgrading. I have never heard of this motherboard issue, but must admit it has me worried. I did a quick search online but couldn't find anything. Is there a thread/forum where I can read up about it? Especially curious to find out any possible fixes should this ever happen to me.

RainyOnEmunand

Jul 26, 2020
Higher Than The Clouds
@copyandpaste not sure about any forums or threads about this however it has not corrupted my switch, my friend has also had this issue however his switch has not been corrupted/bricked either. we can still boot stock firmware and cfw bare on mind however this is just my personal experiences. @vinson77 My games also used to get frequently corrupted yet it doesn't seem to happen to my friend. However @copyandpaste this only seems to happen on newer versions of sxos so for now i am not touching any beta versions even if it means i cant update as much, right now my 2 emunands are on 5.0.2 and 9.2.0 with my main clean online partition being on 10.1.0 currently i am on the full stable release of sxos 2.9.2 and after downgrading from sxos 3.0.4 have stopped suffering from these issues. Hope this helps lessen your worries and shed light on this issue.
-Rainy

vinson77

Oct 1, 2019
Philippines
@copyandpaste we have a members only Switch Community with more than 6K members. A couple of Launch Day v1 Switches were declared to have a corrupted mobo (thoroughly checked by professional technicians) after they have used v3.0.4 for a couple of weeks.

@RainyOnEmunand I can vouch for the frequently corrupted games on SX OS v3.0.X

Last edited:

copyandpaste

Sep 21, 2019
usa
ok wow. thank you both. i did update to 3.03 and noticed some odd things. nothing too serious, but seems like i should move back to 2.9.3 before some big irreversible issue comes up.

thanks for putting the info on here. i'm sure team xecuter will see it and fix with with the next update.

RainyOnEmunand

Jul 26, 2020
Higher Than The Clouds
@vinson77 Thanks for the free voucher on this game corrupting issue situation and @copyandpaste thanks for checking this out and helping to spread the word. ALSO @vinson77 and @copyandpaste BIG UPDATE PLEASE READ. AS I WAS BOOTING INTO SXOS AFTER UPDATING BACK TO 3.0.4 WHILE WRITING THIS ARTICLE MY SWITCH BRICKED, HARD. Luckily I as able to use GUI partition wizard to format my nand and restore it using hekate. SO PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM BETA VERSIONS OF SXOS. TRUST ME ITS NOT FUN HAVING TO WATCH A sthetix video on upgrading a nand and formatting it about 7 times while praying that something that wasn't your fault didnt kill your switch.

Reactions: vinson77

vinson77

Oct 1, 2019
Philippines
v3.0.X was originally designed for SX Core and SX Lite (Tegra Chip Mariko variant) users.

Back Story:
Switch v2 - Tegra codename Mariko: Lover of Wolverine pre X-MEN days; Lady Deathstrike - created to kill Wolverine
Switch v1 - Tegra codename Logan: Weapon X / Wolverine
Striker: created Weapon X / Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike, Dead Pool, and X31 "new Wolverine - Laura"

Last edited:

copyandpaste

Sep 21, 2019
usa
@RainyOnEmunand Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you were able to get it working though. I guess now you are the expert if anybody else ever has this issue come up. ha.

@vinson77 you mentioned a couple of other people have had this issue. Has Team Xecutor made any official comment about this? I have noticed that their admins haven't posted on here in the past month (not a complaint, people have their own lives to live). I'm guessing they have moved to their official support chat? But I have never used that.

vinson77

Oct 1, 2019
Philippines
@copyandpaste Most of the users who have encountered the issue luckily have been able to backup their Nands. Thus, they were able to recover their bricked units. But, there are still users who are unlucky as they were not able to backup their Nands.