Team-Xecuter Forums Ads & VIP Membership

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Recently, to support the growing hosting costs and bandwidth, because of the well 'increase' of thousands of happy Switch customers, we have added 'ads' to forums, but not everyone is pleased.

As such, we have made some changes to the system, and hopefully you will like them as outlined below:

1. The ads that are placed in 'first post' and 'last post' of a thread, is from Google Adsense, and well sadly even tho it pays the bills nicely, it does not play nicely on 'mobile phones', as such from now on these 'ads' will only be shown to 'guests', that is 'not logged in' or 'no account', if you don't wish to see them, just LOGIN and poof they will be magically gone, and this works out nicely, as 90% of our bandwidth costs are from lurkers that never post anyway.
  2. Other ads shown at top of forum and the sidebar. -- The sidebar is already can already be closed, just click on 'right-arrow' and bang its is magically gone. - The other ads at top, should nicely scale down for mobile users, if you have issue, please report it to me via either this thread, with screenshot, type of browser you using, and make/model of phone and we will fix it asap.
  3. I still don't want ads! (Above changes are not enough for ME) -- Well, we have listen and we have made it so that all VIP Members when you logged in, will no longer see any ads on our forums.

Ok, so those are the changes, now with VIP Members being ad-less, people are asking how do I become a VIP Member:

1. Small one-time donation to us, we recommend at least $10 or more, as paypal fees get eaten up if less. (We are setting up a separate paypal.me) for this, will update later on with the info. (In the meantime, if you are in rush, send me PM)
  2. Write-up a nice well-written Guide or Tutorial to help out our noobies, this is how alot of previous VIP Members got into the system during the Xbox and 360 days, now we need this for Switch noobies, if you think you have done 'this step', then send me a PM with a link to your 'Guide' or 'Tutorial' and we will look it over and approve you as VIP and make it a sticky. PLEASE NOTE: (Don't steal other people's work from another site, we will KNOW and BAN you!)
  3. Help out other 'noobies' on the forums with helpful answers, over time we will notice your help, and your 'thanks' count going up, and each month we will promote automatically some people to VIP Status.
  4. Operate a small modding, or repair service for people, this has be a trusted operation, with no bad or negative feedback, or you will lose your VIP Status and get banned, it also to be one that does not supply 'pirate/warez' to their customers, if you think you are in that area of VIP possible status, send me a PM about your business/shop, and also a thread here on this site or another popular forum, where customers are giving you good feedback and like your overall service.

Please Note: Being a VIP Member does not mean you can go around being 'bully' to other users, we reserve the right to 'revoke' your rights and force you to see 'ads' again or even worse, if you become a 'bad apple', so remember we were all 'noobies' once: (let me tell you a story about how I didn't know which way to insert a 5.25" floppy and the VIP's in my user group all laughed at me, later on I ended up becoming since a 'floppy expert' I was elected the group's librarian.) -- Hopefully, you understand what I trying to say here, yikes, I am dating myself, too many decades in the 'scene' now! :D

Ok, so that's basically the changes we have made today!

We are open to more suggestions on how to improve your TX Forum Experience, and how to make everything better for everyone. -- Also, we will be looking in the near future, to use this 'ad money' and 'vip donations' to improve the forum software, buy new licenses, plugins and skins to improve the site, and to also start some 'homebrew' and 'other giveaway' contests for developers and users to enjoy!

-=(TX)=-

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Not sure I agree with the option to buy VIP status, as I had to earn mine over years of writing posts, and being helpful(?) on this forum, and think that it goes against everything the previous system held true. That being said, I dont think that all users should be plagued with ads. So, I am not sure how I feel about this.

Reactions: L2000

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Not sure I agree with the option to buy VIP status, as I had to earn mine over years of writing posts, and being helpful(?) on this forum, and think that it goes against everything the previous system held true. That being said, I dont think that all users should be plagued with ads. So, I am not sure how I feel about this.
Most likely we split the 'VIP' into two, original and new lower-class 'Supporting Member' for those that just wish to show their thanks. -- But I rather see more quality posts, helpful ones, and good tutorials, etc.

We also going to add once we get the new forum software bought, a 'download/resources' section where hopefully we can find some useful members from the past to upload all the good Xbox and 360 tools and homebrew, and also we start building a collection of 'homebrew/tools' up for Switch.

We also looking at have the ads lowered down a bit, we already made the 'worse' ones for unregistered guests, and we going to add a 'notice' at top to register an account to 'remove them'.

We also open to any more ideas and suggestions how to improve things.

Thanks.

Reactions: Element18592

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
I don't see any problem with paying for ad removal, but I agree that "supporting member" or "forum sponsor" or something like that is a more appropriate title.

We have rules in place to prevent people selling items or services here that are not VIP, so I believe VIP should be reserved for those who have shown an effort to be a part of the community and establish credibility in helping people.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
I don't see any problem with paying for ad removal, but I agree that "supporting member" or "forum sponsor" or something like that is a more appropriate title.

We have rules in place to prevent people selling items or services here that are not VIP, so I believe VIP should be reserved for those who have shown an effort to be a part of the community and establish credibility in helping people.
I agree. Will work on adding a 'new (supporting) class' -- Now, where did we bury our TX graphics designer, that made up our nice 'name badges' -- Only problem is we need ones that are 'Switch-friendly' also.

rory2005

VIP Member
Jan 15, 2007
Sunny old England
The pay for VIP is optional, As Xecuter and Game_over have already stated, There are alternative ways to earn this celebrated status by contributing to the forums with help and information.

Admin and Mods will be keeping an eye out for contributers and promoting deserved candidates.

But feel free to donate anyway, The forums and servers are not free to run.

Last edited:

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
@Game_Over was nice enough to cook up some new 'Switch' rep and & badges for us.

And we been working on 'Switch theme' for the forums, only a temp. one until we do some forum upgrades, you can select it on the bottom of page (Switch Theme v1.0) when you do the 'badges' and 'reps' on your posts will become 'switch/like'

Also it will auto-switch if you browsing the 'Switch forums', so don't have to worry, normal default is our old favorite Xbox design, but when you posting or browsing the Switch forums it will have the 'new look'.

We will be looking at more options and customization in the near future, this was just quick little update to enjoy.

Any comments or suggestions, love to hear them! :)

Reactions: Game_Over

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
I will rework the images to have transparent background instead of white soon. Looking forward to the incoming changes. :D

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
So more cleanup to the new badges and ranks, thanks to hard efforts of @Game_Over

Plus i fixed up the member's list, friends list and user profile to display the right images, based on theme and section.

Next step is we adding a 'Developer' level for accounts of members that have written homebrew or released utilities, and also a 'Contributor' level this will be for those wishing to 'donate' instead of earning to become VIP.

VIP will still have the most rights, so its best if you work towards that goal in the long run.

Anyhow, next step up is forum upgrade and overall better skin and some cool new plugins! :)

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
So more cleanup to the new badges and ranks, thanks to hard efforts of @Game_Over

Plus i fixed up the member's list, friends list and user profile to display the right images, based on theme and section.

Next step is we adding a 'Developer' level for accounts of members that have written homebrew or released utilities, and also a 'Contributor' level this will be for those wishing to 'donate' instead of earning to become VIP.

VIP will still have the most rights, so its best if you work towards that goal in the long run.

Anyhow, next step up is forum upgrade and overall better skin and some cool new plugins! :)
sounds good,glad to see this forum alive again!