The backup save function does not work

BlackGuedes

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2018
Cant get save backup work.
The "L" button to make one backup does not work, only "ZL" to copy everything. However, it is not possible to restore any backup, because it gives error "Faled to retore game save.". In the log, there are several messages "Failed to mout save data for ...".
I am using OFW 4.1, EmuNand 6.01, SX 2.51 and SX Installer 1.1. 128GB exFAT SD card.

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
If you check your SD card is there a folder in switch/sx that says saves?

BlackGuedes

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2018
You arent trying to restore a save for a game while its running are you?
No. I only try to test the new feteares of SX Installer. Dont play any game yet. Another erro is that não work button "A" to launch any game from SX Installer list.

I make more tests on XCI too. The "L" button isnt work for individual backup, the "A" button works fine to launch the XCI games and restore save works sometimes on somes XCI games, like DK TF and Pokemon.
The text box says "Error", however the message says "Game save successfully restore." / CANCEL / / OK /.

But for NSP installed, not restore any one an dont works "A" to launch game or "L" for individual backup.

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Hmm. I'll have to test more. I have not tried restoring any backup's yet, but pressing L does back up my nsp converted backups.

Zam89

Jan 3, 2019
Germany
Also for some games like Zelda not all save save will be saved, look at my post at the 1.1 release thread (second page)
This is what SX Installer is saved for Zelda:

And this is what checkpoint saved for Zelda:

And the real save games are in the Folders 0-5 named as:

I do not check this for other games at the Moment.

Support Our Sponsors