Tinfoil USB transfer

Snizznatch

Noob Account
Jun 28, 2020
Canada
Hello =)

Im super sick of constantly switching carts for my young daughter as she needs a new game to play every 30 minutes it seems so ive decided to try this install all to microSD method. Im looking for options and suggestions regarding USB transfer using tinfoil. I open usbfs:/ and head to where my backups are and can see them. When I click on them to upload to my card it sits at 0% permanently. It looks as though tinfoil freezes on the switch and nut freezes on my pc.

Currently my SD is fat32 and would prefer to keep it that way so she doesn't have to worry about file corruption like I have been reading. So the file size limit is really my issue as she was just gifted justdance 2020 and its much over the file size lol

I have tried to search now for a couple days of different methods but most have made me take 2 steps back. Anyone willing to help me troubleshoot this issue? I can obviously provide any info requested. I am very new with the SX pro but think I have a basic understanding of the product.

I appreciate anyone's time and help with this

Reactions: SB SD Mods

SB SD Mods

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2013
San Diego
Hello =)

Im super sick of constantly switching carts for my young daughter as she needs a new game to play every 30 minutes it seems so ive decided to try this install all to microSD method. Im looking for options and suggestions regarding USB transfer using tinfoil. I open usbfs:/ and head to where my backups are and can see them. When I click on them to upload to my card it sits at 0% permanently. It looks as though tinfoil freezes on the switch and nut freezes on my pc.

Currently my SD is fat32 and would prefer to keep it that way so she doesn't have to worry about file corruption like I have been reading. So the file size limit is really my issue as she was just gifted justdance 2020 and its much over the file size lol

I have tried to search now for a couple days of different methods but most have made me take 2 steps back. Anyone willing to help me troubleshoot this issue? I can obviously provide any info requested. I am very new with the SX pro but think I have a basic understanding of the product.

I appreciate anyone's time and help with this

Try:

Ns USB Loader
Tinleaf Installer (Awoo installer if on Atmos)

Really good combo - Its fast - Its simple - It works

I send over everything single file, everything embedded .XCI

Snizznatch

Noob Account
Jun 28, 2020
Canada
Im getting a USB transfer timed out or failed message in both Tinleaf and Atmos. Both I can see my backup images to install but when I click to install to her SD it starts for a second then cancels. Its almost the same I guess when I was using tinfoil and can see everything but when I click to install it pauses.

I have used zidiag to install the libusb0 driver for the switches usb. I have tried multiply usb ports on my pc. I only have one usbC cable but its brand new and im just assuming its not that.

Im leaning towards my usb driver being off because its almost like its good to go then when the transfer starts it cancels.

Ns usb/tinleaf/awoo all look like a easy transfer though if I can get it to go.

Should I try a fresh format on the SD?

Thanks!