Traces cut perfect no drive detected

Neo213

Aug 18, 2010
Newfoundland
I installed the LT Clip / Switch correctly. Traces are cut good, green lights are on but Jungle flasher will not detect the drive. I tried both the XboxUSB pro and connecting through my VIA card - both have worked in the past. Any suggestions or troubleshoots?
mc

Neo213

Aug 18, 2010
Newfoundland
I don't see codes anywhere bud. Only the normal white text area below displaying:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JungleFlasher 0.1.79 Beta (208)
Session Started Wed Apr 06 22:38:03 2011

This is a Wow 64 process running on 4 x 64 bit CPUs
portio64.sys Driver Installed
portio64.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom !
Found 4 I/O Ports.
Found 3 Com Ports.
Found 11 windows drives A: C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: L: M:
Found 4 CD/DVD drives E: I: L: M:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Look on the right where you would normally see the flash controller details. You should see a status heading which is what normally changes when you turn the drive off an on. Status 0x72 is when JF is talking to the drive in vendor mode for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Neo213

Aug 18, 2010
Newfoundland
I power it up and down and see nothing... Should I be on a specific tab? Specific JF Version? Is there a toolbar / menu not in view?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
thanks but all properties are null. I try every I/O port
When you click vendor intro, watch that box that Frayed gave you a screenshot of - do you see anything change?

(I really hoped I wouldn't need to dig out my laptop and take a screen dump as is it's feckin obvious what I'm talking about once you click vendor intro and watch that box lol).

Neo213

Aug 18, 2010
Newfoundland
do u have the probe v2 connected when u try to see the dvd drive?
I didn't use the probe after just the LT Clip/Switch. I wonder should I take the PCB off and flick the Clip to Normal aas opposed to 'Test'. Although the tut says test. On the LT SW V2, there is 18 / 22 Multi-R switch I tried those as well

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
OK.. i click intro and it gives me Status 0x30 - then i power cycle and it remains on screen
The status should change when you turn the drive off and on. If it's not, then check all wiring etc.

Neo213

Aug 18, 2010
Newfoundland
ya i figured.. too bad the tester only checks the cut points and not the contacts. I'll carefully pull the clip off and try again