TRINITY TRINITY CR4XL + DeMoN TEST RESULTS

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
OK.. Here is my CR4XL installed in a trinity with a salvaged demon. I decided to do a nice little wire install just because I thought it would look cool where it is at, could have fixed the 2 qsb pads but I didn't so tell me what you guys think anyway....

DIPS: 3&7 ON
CPU_RST: IPEX TO R4D4 (CAN'T GET ANY SHORTER)
POSTBIT JUMPER: 10-OHMS
NO CAPS!!!
That's it pretty much.. It could use a bit of tuning but right now getting 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,1.........
I have been working all week plus all the thanksgiving stuff going on and the server being down for a while kinda slowed me down on getting this review done so I know I am very late posing it and I'm sorry for taking so long, TX, Thank you very much for giving me a great deal on this awesome product, it works just as advertised and I highly recommend this chip!!!

P.S. Also this console had the post_out pad pulled up but is not a problem, and I resoldered my RB wire after taking this picture of it but forgot to take a new picture before hooking up the demon and I know the cr_en wire/ribbon isn't hooked up yet but it is not important because I am 100% sure stock nand will work, I was just in a hurry to get my review up before I get in trouble. Thanks again for your patience TX!
BTW in case you are wondering, my green wire (pad E - DB2G3) I run it under the CR4 and through a hole near the southbridge and soldered to an alternate point. I was trying to make as clean a install as possible and I forgot to take a photo of it before installing the motherboard and demon into the cage. SORRY!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
OK.. Here is my CR4XL installed in a trinity with a salvaged demon. I decided to do a nice little wire install just because I thought it would look cool where it is at, could have fixed the 2 qsb pads but I didn't so tell me what you guys think anyway....

DIPS: 3&7 ON
CPU_RST: IPEX TO R4D4 (CAN'T GET ANY SHORTER)
POSTBIT JUMPER: 10-OHMS
NO CAPS!!!
That's it pretty much.. It could use a bit of tuning but right now getting 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,1.........
I have been working all week plus all the thanksgiving stuff going on and the server being down for a while kinda slowed me down on getting this review done so I know I am very late posing it and I'm sorry for taking so long, TX, Thank you very much for giving me a great deal on this awesome product, it works just as advertised and I highly recommend this chip!!!

P.S. Also this console had the post_out pad pulled up but is not a problem, and I resoldered my RB wire after taking this picture of it but forgot to take a new picture before hooking up the demon and I know the cr_en wire/ribbon isn't hooked up yet but it is not important because I am 100% sure stock nand will work, I was just in a hurry to get my review up before I get in trouble. Thanks again for your patience TX!
Very nice, neat and tidy. I would be proud of that, well done :redface:

Reactions: ablegepu

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
Yeah I need a glue gun. Lol. I don't usually use hot glue but the red wires soldered to the I/O points and the others are tiny solid strand wires and there are 14 of them and I wanted to keep it neat so I held them down flat and put some hot glue on top so if for some reason I pulled a wire too hard I didn't rip any pads. All in all I think the demon came out exactly how I wanted if not better.