COOLRUNNER Trinity Jasper 512MB RGH2 will not boot Xell

newymods

Noob Account
May 2, 2015
Hi guys,

I've been doing RGH2 mods for a while now, successfully modded over 100 odd consoles. I'm having an issue however with a Trinity Jasper 512MB.

Steps I've taken (as per routine):

* Dumped NAND x4, all match OK
* Wired CR3 as per PHAT console wiring specification
* Programmed CR3 to Falcon, Trinity, A, B, C, D (tested all, all having EXACTLY the same issue, definitely not normal)
* Created ECC
* Programmed ECC (OK)
* Powered on console.

This is what happens:

The debug light flashes once every 5 seconds, but is only on for what appears to be a few microseconds. This is the same result from ALL timing files that I've tried.

Further testing: I then rewrote the RETAIL nand dump back to the console, and powered the console on, and it is working fine in standard, retail dash.

I've tried the shielded and non-shielded (D) wire.

I've tried 3 different CR3s, all with the exact same result. I also even tried a Rev D (cheap chinese rip off), and it is also doing EXACTLY the same thing. The Debug light flashes once every 5 seconds, but is only on for an extremely small amount of time (like insta-flash). And as I mentioned before, every timing file is giving me the same result.

What typically causes this issue? Where do I go from here?

Kindest Regards,
Anthony/NewyMods

newymods

Noob Account
May 2, 2015
As per the sticky, my apologies (slow internet!):

TX Product(s) used: JR Programmer w/ CR3 REVC
Console Type:Trinity PHAT 512MB
NAND size
: 512
Dashboard version: Will need to check
CB version: 6750
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
(Ill get these off my workshop computer)
J-Runner log: (Ill get these off my workshop computer)
updflash.bin log (if applicable):
Image of Coolrunner:
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
(attach images to your post)

Description of problem:
As per initial post, power up console, every timing file gives same result. Debug flashes once every 5 seconds, but is only on for a fraction of a second.

Was the console working before you started: Yes

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: Yes

How long is the light on for each time: Less than a fraction of a second (just enough to see it flash)

newymods

Noob Account
May 2, 2015
I also tried the trick that I used with the Trinity Jasper 16MB, where you take the C8 capacitor off the board and switch to slim, still EXACTLY the same issue. Blinks once every 5 seconds for a fraction of a second, with all timing files.

newymods

Noob Account
May 2, 2015
No problems. I've just noticed now that the debug light isn't blinking anymore. I'll remove all my solder points and redo it. and take photos.

newymods

Noob Account
May 2, 2015
View attachment 32473

- - - Updated - - -

So after resoldering (point C had came off the bottom of the board), its doing exactly the same thing, consistently. Flashing once every 5-6 seconds and is only on for a fraction of a second. It's really odd.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
And stdy_clk? (B wire). FYI that's a jasper, not a trinity. Assume you know that but....in addition that cool runner has some missing smd's. Let's see a pic of the cr3 lite setup.

You aren't using trinity timing files are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Like calling a Jasper a Trinity, I think he's calling a Rev C and CR3.

OP. Google RGH 1.2. You might have better luck with that setup.

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
I think he's saying he tried a cr3 first and then ended up trying a rev c. But yeah...agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk