Trinity Mobo - No Consistant Power (just getting beeps). Orange/Green light.

kinju123

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2014
Hi there. I've got my friends xbox 360 slim 4gb trinity here with a problem I've never seen before. I've done a ton of searching and found that when a slim beeps, the power supply remaining orange, that the problem is most likely one of the USB ports shorting. This isn't the case unfortunately, so I've stripped the xbox down completely. I've attached some shotty iphone photos of common areas on the motherboard where I see there may be issues. I have experience with soldering and I am an apprentice electrician in school, so when I get to school tomorrow I plan on testing various resistors to see what's going on. Everything looks okay to me, nothing obviously blown or swelled up.

Is there any common area that I should be testing here? It seems like this shouldn't be too hard to fix once I pinpoint the problem!IMG_0661[1].JPGIMG_0664[1].JPGIMG_0663[1].JPG

Thanks so much in advance.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
You should start by checking for standby voltages (3.3V/5V).

You should also check that U5A1 and U5B1 read 3.3V and 1.8V respectively.

oO Elite Oo

VIP Member
Sep 3, 2011
In your Nand
have you written anything to the nand? whats on the console nand? also provide your nand voltage/resistance..etc readings.

kinju123

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2014
Ok great, you guys gave me a good start to pinpoint some areas to test tomorrow. The xbox is previously un-tampered with. I'll make sure to test standby voltages, u5a1, u5b1, and the j2c1 & j2c3 nand resistance & voltage.

I'm also going to test the input for the power supply on the board, but if I'm getting some power (beeps, lights) I'm thinking it's probably a bad resistor or bad solder somewhere on the board... I'll post my findings tomorrow:)

kinju123

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2014
Oh I have tried 3 PSUs. They're all doing basically the same thing. Once I was able to get the console to stay "on" with the green light on the psu for as long as it took to plug in an hdmi cord and then it shut off. I don't hear the CPU fan start so I don't think it's even booting.