Trinity not glitching at all (no light)

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
Hi,

I'm having a right nightmare with this trinity i've been using for close to a year now on and off.

I successfully installed a Demon and CR4XL back in August, it worked for a month, I installed an xK3y and the console no longer wanted to glitch.

I checked ALL my wiring, nothing wrong, I have also had a replacement CR4XL and have done all the wiring again, using the points suggested in the tutorial in the forums.

There's NO cold joints, NO bridged connections/joints, EVERYTHING is correct on J-Runner, CR4 Ticked, Demon ticked, latest dashboard and nand rips from the retail side.

It's NOT the demon, I can flash the retail nand to the demon and it boots no problem.

I have tried alternative CPU_RST points, changed wires, the whole lot. No ripped pads either, for sure.

I have a JR Programmer, so tried to use rater. With everything installed, Rater can't seem to find a pulse coming from the CR4XL, no POST is detected at all.

I'm seriously at my wits end with this xbox and am ready to throw the whole lot in the bin. Never have I had so much f*ing issues with Team Xecuter products before!!!

(There's another post in the forum with my soldering job, I'll dig it out.)

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
If theres no post. It might be damaged pull out multimeter n measure the readings n post back . Also flash back the orginal nand and she if stock boots up.
No post out no boot. Theres alternative post out. Google it .

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
If theres no post. It might be damaged pull out multimeter n measure the readings n post back . Also flash back the orginal nand and she if stock boots up.
It literally just died one day and refused to boot, that doesn't equate to a dead post out point...
Like I said already it boots stock just fine on both stock and the Demon nand so it's not the demon, and CR point may be working...

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
If you want help, then post clear pic of your install

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
It's basically the same underneath.
The "B" and "C" points, CPU_RST and the Post out are fine, no pulled or slightly damaged pads, I've put new wires on, I've gone through all my Demon wiring, I just don't get what else could cause no glitching at all, you can hear the fan spin up and down like it is but no glitch light at all.

Stock works fine, CR4 is checked in J-Runner, Demon is also checked just in case it's that?
I had an issue where J-runner was claiming the 1bl key was wrong but I fixed that?

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
Hi both,

I have checked my Post_out with a multimeter and its reading around the 30 mark, I heard 30-50 is a rough region?

The retail nand flashed to the Demon works just fine, it boots without any issues. The cR4 just won't glitch no matter what I do.

It's really driving me crazy now, I am not one to just post here without trying literally everything I know, I've been working on 360s now for 10 years...

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
Hi both,

I have checked my Post_out with a multimeter and its reading around the 30 mark, I heard 30-50 is a rough region?

The retail nand flashed to the Demon works just fine, it boots without any issues. The cR4 just won't glitch no matter what I do.

It's really driving me crazy now, I am not one to just post here without trying literally everything I know, I've been working on 360s now for 10 years...
k do u have another chip or can u try that chip in another xbox to rule out a bad chip. Because that could be the case

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
k do u have another chip or can u try that chip in another xbox to rule out a bad chip. Because that could be the case
I contacted Modchip Central (Whom I brought the original from) and they sent a replacement, same behaviour with this replacement chip.
I mean for them both to have the same issue either means they're both dead or this board just doesn't want to glitch anymore.

Memory is hazy but I swear this started after I updated the xbox on the retail side to the latest dash (and updated the nand on the glitch side too, I definitely didn't miss that obvious step)

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
Ya. I hear you. Is the cr4 light blinking green
Not at all, with the original chip, everything was fine, just one day, it didn't glitch. You can't really see the lights very well with the case on so I took the case off again and no green light.

Installed this replacement chip and still no green light with entirely new wiring, every point double checked for continuity too as of just now. Weird?

I had this issue before with the Demon and a CR Rev C chip but it turns out it was just the crap clones, they don't have CR_EN support thanks to cheapo parts.

That leads me to the next thought, maybe modchip are selling clones? Surely not...

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
Ya. I hear you. Is the cr4 light blinking green
So I hooked up my JR-Programmer again to check the POST-OUT readings through rater and I'm getting really funky behaviour.

I don't have the Kiosk pin wire set up so I have to turn the console on and off by hand, I start rater, and it immediately reads as if it successfully booted, but the console is off???

When you start the console it just instantly post 7f and doesn't attempt to glitch at all. It did the same thing when using an alternative CPU_RST point too so it may well be that the POST_OUT has lifted just enough to mess up the connection but not enough for it to actually fall off???

I've ordered a post fix adapter since I can't be bothered to scrape traces, especially since that could kill the board if done incorrectly.

(Image below, it won't let me embed it here for some weird reason)
Post failures

Reactions: john mathews

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
I knew that had to be issue. Post back with results once u install post fix adapter
Will do, I had another look, and gently applied pressure to the pad, it came right off in my hand, so it was hopefully, definitely that.
Postfix should be here by Thursday so I will update then :)
Console still boots stock so the board isn't toast.

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
I knew that had to be issue. Post back with results once u install post fix adapter
Still absolutely nothing.
I've installed the Post Fix, I've triple checked all connections, I've ensured the nand dash version on the RGH side matches the Retail side. CR4 is checked in J-Runner, as is the Demon option in the XEBuild options. RGH2 is selected.

Demon works fine, CR4 does nothing but sit there with a red light.

I really cannot be dealing with trying to rip the $80 demon off this just to transplant into another motherboard. God damn it.

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
Can you post the contents of your J-Runner log file please.

Does the DemoN NAND have any bad blocks?
No bad blocks, nothing out of the ordinary, stock side boots just fine, stock nand boots fine on the demon side

I have since given up on this motherboard and removed the CR4 and Demon, at this stage it's had 3 CR Rev Cs on it, 2 CR4XLs and a Demon Slim, so the points have probably been heat exhausted.

I will be purchasing a replacement trinity board and testing the CR4 before I attempt to install the Demon again. If this fails, burning the lot. Had enough when all I want is a "God Tier" console that just works.

===================================================
05 February 2020 18:45:02

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (8) Started

It's advised to run in administrator mode on Windows 8
WARNING! - Your selected working directory already contains files!
You can view these files by using 'Show Working Folder' Button

Connection Error
Filechecks disabled - No Filechecks carried out
Current: DemoN
Switching to XBOX
Reading Nand to I:\Console stuffs\Xbox\360\J-Runner v3\nanddump1.bin
XBOX360
Hardware : Demon Slim
Firmware : 1.4
Flash ID : 0x73AD Hynix (16MiB - Small block)
Flash Size : 0x400 blocks of 0x4200 bytes
Reading Nand
Done!
in 0:26 min:sec

Reading Nand to I:\Console stuffs\Xbox\360\J-Runner v3\nanddump2.bin
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Trinity
Glitch2 Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Reading Nand
Done!
in 0:22 min:sec

Comparing...
Nands are the same
CR4 Selected
ECC created
XBOX360
Cancelled
Current: XBOX
Switching to DemoN
ECC created
DEMON
Hardware : Demon Slim
Firmware : 1.4
Flash ID : 0x73AD Hynix (16MiB - Small block)
Flash Size : 0x400 blocks of 0x4200 bytes
Writing Nand
Done!
in 0:02 min:sec

Use Edited Options Selected