RGH Trinity RGH (CR3 Lite) - 0020 on Stock dash

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hi, I am a bit confused by why this is happening and now fear that I somehow did something wrong. I have a perfectly working Trinity RGH that I decided I want to install the DemoN in, but I had actually took this console online that one day MS messed up with the security checks so I thought I might have gotten flagged even though I did like nothing while online. So to check, I figured "OK flash back the stock NAND, switch the CR3 to PRG, boot and try to connect to LIVE. So I FTP the original NAND to the RGH, flash the original NAND with 360 NAND flasher, power off, flip the CR3 to PRG, and power on....

What happens is that it turns on and then a few seconds later makes the fan click noise for a split second almost like its trying to glitch (though the CR3 doesnt flash green like it shouldn't since its in PRG) and then the console throws 0020.

Any idea why? Im stumped at why that didnt work. My NAND does have 2 bad blocks so I dont know if 360 NAND flasher remaps bad blocks in a way that a retail box doesnt like, but meh im not sure why this isnt working period.

Last edited:

simlol

Dec 9, 2011
Hi, I am a bit confused by why this is happening and now fear that I somehow did something wrong. I have a perfectly working Trinity RGH that I decided I want to install the DemoN in, but I had actually took this console online that one day MS messed up with the security checks so I thought I might have gotten flagged even though I did like nothing while online. So to check, I figured "OK flash back the stock NAND, switch the CR3 to PRG, boot and try to connect to LIVE. So I FTP the original NAND to the RGH, flash the original NAND with 360 NAND flasher, power off, flip the CR3 to PRG, and power on....

What happens is that it turns on and then a few seconds later makes the fan click noise for a split second almost like its trying to glitch (though the CR3 doesnt flash green like it shouldn't since its in PRG) and then the console throws 0020.

Any idea why? Im stumped at why that didnt work. My NAND does have 2 bad blocks so I dont know if 360 NAND flasher remaps bad blocks in a way that a retail box doesnt like, but meh im not sure why this isnt working period.
it doesn't matter if your nand has a bad block'this is your original nand,so write back as it is should work.
first write your stock nand with spi programmer,if doesnt work
try remove all of your wires'clean and turn on

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Ya that would be the typical troubleshooting path. I was just hoping to avoid that since I am gonna have to put them back, but I guess Ill do that. Im gonna start with flashing the NAND via my NAND-X and then removing just the CR3.

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Because there is no reason that this shouldn't be working and I dont have a lot of time on my hands lately so I didnt want to do anything unnecessary. Of course since nobody can point out anything obviously wrong that "unnecessary" action has now become necessary. If what I do doesn't fix it I will post logs, etc.

EDIT:
Solved. Unwiring the CR3 Lite did the trick. Of course I find out the console is banned though :(

Last edited:

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Even Big companies like Virgin, and BT, will go no further until you have tried the basics.

If your broadband messes up, the first thing they say is, switch it off for 10 seconds and then turn it back on, Because that is normally the issue, and rules out the main one.

It is always advised to write the stock nand back and see if it boots, to rule out any normal issues.