RGH Trinity wont boot into Xell or Dash.

WaffleFart

Noob Account
Dec 5, 2017
1. Model of console: Trinity
2. Type of hack being attempted (JTAG/RGH1/RGH2 etc): RGH 2
3. Hardware being used (CoolRunner (specify version), Demon, NAND-X, JR-Programmer, QSB's etc
etc): I am using CR Rev D and JR-P V2
4. Software methods being used (J-Runner, DemoN Toolbox, XebuildGUI, MultiBuilder,
nandpro etc): J-Runner
5. Detailed description of problem: This is my first time trying to RGH or solder. As the title says I cant boot into Xell or Dash and it just keeps on glitching and the front led just keeps flashing
. I had really bad solder and makes it look really dark. When I soldering the CoolRunner it made a loud pop and idk if that is the problem. Please help I have been working on this for about 2 weeks and still haven't got it to work.
IMG_20171210_230729236_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171210_230517434_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171210_230419298_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171210_230449208_HDR.jpg

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
First, I would put that chip away for a phat console, and use the ACE chip with the S-RGH timing files. Much better boot times than standard RGH2, with less work on wire lengths, as that can make a huge difference. Second, I would send it to someone who actually knows how to solder, before you cause anymore damage to the board.

Reactions: WaffleFart

WaffleFart

Noob Account
Dec 5, 2017
Did you use a butane torch
No, as I said the solder is really bad so all the black on the board is the solder.
Write stock nand back, turn glicher of and check does it boots to stock
Didn't Work???
First, I would put that chip away for a phat console, and use the ACE chip with the S-RGH timing files. Much better boot times than standard RGH2, with less work on wire lengths, as that can make a huge difference. Second, I would send it to someone who actually knows how to solder, before you cause anymore damage to the board.
I don't have an ace chip and if I were to send it to someone who would you recommend.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Clean the flux with some 90% rubbing alcohol, and some qtips. and post new images. If it isnt booting stock nand, it should give you a RROD, which should give you a code, which might give us an idea of where we need to look. As for people that can possibly fix it for you, there are tons on this site, you just have to look in the right section, as they are all over the world.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
If the green dot is flashing, it is because the disc drive power connector is not connected. When you flash back stock nand, when it gets to 100% in j-runner, unplug the power from the console for 30 seconds. Also unplug the nand reader from the console Plug back in and then try booting without the post out wire connected on the coolrunner. If it boots, then the console isnt damaged. You should also trim all of the leads on the wires, to prevent the wire from shorting points on the board, which will cause all sorts of damage. Also, I have always had better luck with the CPU_RST point under the xclamp. If you are careful, you can use some needle nose pliers to lift up the one corner, and then you can solder to the point, without needing to remove the heatsync. as for the rest of the flux, I have found that for the stuff the alcohol doesnt help desolve, if you scratch at it with a toothpick, then repeat the process with the alcohol, you will get more of it off, as you dont want to leave it on the board, as it will eventually eat through the board. You should always clean it after every point, so you dont get a ton of build up.