Troubleshooting NAND-X / JRP Connection Problems

M007P

Noob Account
Nov 25, 2010
Serbia
Re: Troubleshooting NAND-x connection problems

I have board that stoped reading nand, cant find flash controler, its real pin in *ss, wont glitch at all, tryed two CR chips+ wires... Just blinks power, i have writen ECC. After some time NAND-x dont see flash controler
R3B15 have 33Ohm.
Tried other wires, NAND-x JTAG wires, nand-x works on other console but it doesnt work on JASPER 16MB.

I dont get why nand x cant see, any suggestions ?

Sorry about bad English

Last edited:

kdmstr

Noob Account
Dec 26, 2010

I will test it as soon as i get a new multimeter thx martin

mechgamer123

VIP Member
Sep 11, 2011

I'm not getting a reading on my multimeter on points 1 and 3, I'm stumped because I've been soldering for quite a while now, and done a bunch of jtags/glitched consoles but this one is giving me a read error. Any ideas?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

I'm not getting a reading on my multimeter on points 1 and 3, I'm stumped because I've been soldering for quite a while now, and done a bunch of jtags/glitched consoles but this one is giving me a read error. Any ideas?
Define 'no reading'.

If you're not getting a voltage, are you getting continuity to ground? What about resistance to ground?

mechgamer123

VIP Member
Sep 11, 2011

Define 'no reading'.

If you're not getting a voltage, are you getting continuity to ground? What about resistance to ground?
I get a
"looking for usb interface device
can not continue" I tried the QSBs as well as wires install. I'm pretty sure it's not my nand x, as I just programmed the coolrunner with it. It may be my multimeter though because I got some solder on alt point 1 and still get no reading...

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

I get a
"looking for usb interface device
can not continue" I tried the QSBs as well as wires install. I'm pretty sure it's not my nand x, as I just programmed the coolrunner with it. It may be my multimeter though because I got some solder on alt point 1 and still get no reading...
You're telling me nothing. I ask for more information on the points you're testing. Do you know how to use a multimeter? You can't just have 'no reading'. You would get something.

mechgamer123

VIP Member
Sep 11, 2011

You're telling me nothing. I ask for more information on the points you're testing. Do you know how to use a multimeter? You can't just have 'no reading'. You would get something.
I thought I was getting continuity from points 1 and 3 to the A/V metal shielding. I was getting no reading. however, when I used the Ground point next to 1 and 3, I got a voltage of about 1.5v.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

I thought I was getting continuity from points 1 and 3 to the A/V metal shielding. I was getting no reading. however, when I used the Ground point next to 1 and 3, I got a voltage of about 1.5v.
I think it's best you start a proper topic, complete with pics and a rundown of the values you get from all points.

M007P

Noob Account
Nov 25, 2010
Serbia

I checked my board on point #1 i get 0.12v 3,9 k ohm on #3 i get 0v 812k ohm ?
what to do ?

dedarus

Noob Account
Jan 30, 2011
russia

hi folks,

so it seems like that the J1D2-3 is dead -> no voltage and no ohms.
and the J2B1-6 has 0v but 6,2 kOhm
anyone an idea whats the reason ?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

hi folks,

so it seems like that the J1D2-3 is dead -> no voltage and no ohms.
and the J2B1-6 has 0v but 6,2 kOhm
anyone an idea whats the reason ?
J2B1.6 is fine. If you left the meter connected it would probably level out around 5.6-5.8k

J1D2.3 has a very fine trace going to it. Get a fibre glass pen and remove the screen and lacquer from the trace and check the reading there. If it's good (around 1v), then you need to repair the trace.

dedarus

Noob Account
Jan 30, 2011
russia

i´ve done it previously. but the trace seems good till the sb and along the trace same issue!

Ubergeek

Noob Account
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

Did a lot of testing today on 4 NAND-X’s supposedly faulty

Well needless to say none of them were faulty

If the .ecc file is on the nand and the 3.3v, GND, STBY_CLOCK or CPU_RST wire is not connected to the CoolRunner or other Glitch device correctly you will get this error

"USB INTERFACE NOT FOUND"

Again, if the nand-x is detecting in windows (drivers all OK) and you get this error then 99.99% of the time its a bad solder connection.

Way too many people are returning items that have absolutely nothing wrong with them

kdmstr

Noob Account
Dec 26, 2010

Hi again martin I got my new multimeter and got the readings again

1) 0.13v
2) 3.27v
3) 0.07v
4) 0.00v 0.04 (20k)
*) 5.13v

5) 3.00v
6) 0.00v 5.80 kohm

and like you said tried to measure the r3b15 resistor and the result is .033 (2k)

so what should I do now

edit:
Current situation
I still only hear the beep sounds from console but it doesn't turn on just keep beeping when I press the buttons

Last edited:

Support Our Sponsors