TX Forums Infraction / Banning System

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Main Forum Rules Click Here - There is no excuse for not knowing these rules or for breaking them either. If you don't like 1 or more of the rules, do not use the forums, we don't force you to. it's that simple.

We are now implementing an infraction system for members who abuse the forums. It's pretty straight forward.

No pictures: 5 Points (Expires - 7 Days) (JTAG and RGH threads)

Mini-Modding: 5 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Thread Hi-Jacking: 5 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Posting In The Wrong Section:
5 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Being Abusive: 10 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Ignoring Forum Rules: 10 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Posting Garbage: 10 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Advertising Without Permission: 20 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Piracy Talk: 20 Points (Expires - 7 Days)

Duplicate Accounts / Ban Evading: 50 Points (Expires Never)

10 Points: 24 Hour Ban
20 Points: 1 Week Ban
30 Points: 1 Month ban
40 Points: 6 Month Ban
50 Points: Lifetime Ban

Infraction Expiry Explained

If you receive a 5 point infraction, that will stay on your record for 7 days. If you receive another 5 point infraction on the 6th day of your first infraction then the time resets to 7 days and you would now have 10 points (and a 24 hour ban)

These rules are super simple to follow and are for the good of the community. Sticking to them is EASY.

If you see someone breaking a rule you dont have to mini-mod - you have two simple options:

1. Use the report button

2. Don't get involved

Was that hard ? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

yoo zin

Dec 11, 2010
There will be no exceptions for anyone !! there u go!
i like to Points system for some snotty and Abusive guy!

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
i think its pretty impossible to define what has been a help to someone and what has not as it varies according to the users own knowledge and what they see as having benefited them in some way, that alone makes it impossible to set a rule for what can and can't be thanked for. only real option to stop abuse (not sure what that abuse could/would be though) would be to have no thanks button and that wouldn't be good.

krypt1c

VIP Member
May 23, 2010
Nottingham
Yeah quite true , it`s just today i noticed a couple of thank`s and i thought WTF , maybe they are just from the `wanna be mods` club.
i think its pretty impossible to define what has been a help to someone and what has not as it varies according to the users own knowledge and what they see as having benefited them in some way, that alone makes it impossible to set a rule for what can and can't be thanked for. only real option to stop abuse (not sure what that abuse could/would be though) would be to have no thanks button and that wouldn't be good.

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
Yeah quite true , it`s just today i noticed a couple of thank`s and i thought WTF , maybe they are just from the `wanna be mods` club.
lol wanna be mods. i like that. i'm not sure i'd have time for that and i know for a fact i dont know anywhere near enough for the job lol so i assure you it is not the reason i do it at least :D some might though i guess, that's pretty desperate though as i'm sure if you had the knowledge and time to do it asking and proving you have the knowledge would be the way to go

krypt1c

VIP Member
May 23, 2010
Nottingham
Lol , i was not refering to you m8.
lol wanna be mods. i like that. i'm not sure i'd have time for that and i know for a fact i dont know anywhere near enough for the job lol so i assure you it is not the reason i do it at least :D some might though i guess, that's pretty desperate though as i'm sure if you had the knowledge and time to do it asking and proving you have the knowledge would be the way to go

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
Well i will thank you , been a pleasure :D
same here mate

flash i'll take that infraction and raise you a ban. sh*t i'm still wanna be so i cant lol :D
someones gonna pipe up with ban/infraction for too many smileys if this carry's on so i bid you both good night, i'm off to bury my head in another rrod and see if i can get it going again, oh the joys!