LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM TX Liteon DG-16D4S Unlock PCB DEAD

shayneg

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2011
Hi All,

I have just fitted a Xecuter Liteon DG-16D4S Unlock PCB to my 0225 drive. Naturally these boards are easy to fit and you can't really go wrong but . . . .Since fitting the PCB when I power the drive nothing happens, I can't eject and I don't hear any motions coming from the drive at all. When I query the drive in JF it shows no drive detected. I've checked the obvious twice like the 5 coloured wires being in the correct slot, i've re-seated the wires. I've also tried removing the 3 ribbon cables from the pcb and then queering the drive in JF but still nothing. It just says drive not found. Putting JF aside surely if all was ok the drive should eject right ??
I'm thinking this TX unlocked PCB might be dead :mad:.

kukuku

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2011
FL
can you read full tutorial??? did you try to flash CFW????

FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT THE PCB IS DEAD / NO POWER / JF NOT DETECTING / NO EJECT - OF COURSE NOT BECAUSE ITS BLANK !!! - NOW READ THE TIP BELOW THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

Tip

If the PCB doesn't detect at all and you can't get into vendor mode with the above method simply click Intro/Device ID and power cycle - you should then get into vendor mode (0x72) with no problems.

tonyintn

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2006
Nashville
Hi All,

I have just fitted a Xecuter Liteon DG-16D4S Unlock PCB to my 0225 drive. Naturally these boards are easy to fit and you can't really go wrong but . . . .Since fitting the PCB when I power the drive nothing happens, I can't eject and I don't hear any motions coming from the drive at all. When I query the drive in JF it shows no drive detected. I've checked the obvious twice like the 5 coloured wires being in the correct slot, i've re-seated the wires. I've also tried removing the 3 ribbon cables from the pcb and then queering the drive in JF but still nothing. It just says drive not found. Putting JF aside surely if all was ok the drive should eject right ??

I'm thinking this TX unlocked PCB might be dead :mad:.
LOL. The PCB boards are shipped blank meaning no firmware for legal reasons.

Make sure switch is in unlocked position and PCB type is for fat Intro in the drive and write your firmware.

shayneg

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2011
What Guide? I couldn't find one! Also how can you vendor mode a drive/PCB that isn't even detected in JF. JF says "No drive detected". Every time I try intro it says Intro failed as it cant find the drive. I've been using JF for 2 years and flashed around 70 drives and never had it do this.

FlashDrive360

VIP Member
May 17, 2011
What Guide? I couldn't find one! Also how can you vendor mode a drive/PCB that isn't even detected in JF. JF says "No drive detected". Every time I try intro it says Intro failed as it cant find the drive. I've been using JF for 2 years and flashed around 70 drives and never had it do this.
It won't be detected until it's in vendor mode, hit intro power cycle drive then BAM!!! Drive in vendor mode!

shayneg

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2011
Guys, I am a TWAT and I don't mind owning up to it. I had the Write Protect set to 0 not 1.
Sorry to waste everyone's time

shayneg

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2011
1 good thing came of upgrading my first slim, I managed to read the firmware from the drive and write it without using the X360Pro usb kit at £40. I have the via 6421 chip set and it's a doddle to get the drive in vendor mode and read the firmware. If anyone would like a guide then please let me know as you could save yourselves £40