TX Liteon DG-16D4S Unlocked Replacement PCB - *New Version 1.1*

frosty69

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2013
I have just installed this PCB, and I have the write switch on the outside of the dvd drive.

I have used the little block that is included for the wires but I can't find any picture or info on where this it be placed?

Does it stay on the inside of dvd or does it somehow go on the outside? If on the outside won't the wires get pinched?

Thanks

Last edited:

RecKz

Jan 20, 2014
Can anyone link me to a place where its in stock in the US because modchipcentral is not getting any till march 3rd and they will probably delay it again.

jeeboy

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2011
I have just installed this PCB, and I have the write switch on the outside of the dvd drive.

I have used the little block that is included for the wires but I can't find any picture or info on where this it be placed?

Does it stay on the inside of dvd or does it somehow go on the outside? If on the outside won't the wires get pinched?

Thanks
It should be outside thats the meaning of it så that you can easily remove the write protection without opening up the dvd case again.
The wires are not getting pinched if you Place them where the hole for SATA is. Try it you will understand how I mean.

RecKz

Jan 20, 2014
I sorta messed up because I forgot all about the wires of the unlocked switch being on the out side so I broke the wires any tips on how I can fixed it. The wires can all the way out of the board and the plug in thing.

darkweezil

Jan 29, 2011
South Usa
I sorta messed up because I forgot all about the wires of the unlocked switch being on the out side so I broke the wires any tips on how I can fixed it. The wires can all the way out of the board and the plug in thing.

Please post this in the appropriate section and include pictures.
No one can help you without seeing the damage.

Halo_2

Noob Account
Mar 16, 2011
What happens if you don't install the external board? Will it stay permanently locked or unlocked?
I preferred the V1.0 board

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
What happens if you don't install the external board? Will it stay permanently locked or unlocked?
I preferred the V1.0 board
it will stay unlocked.
To re-lock the drive it must be in vendor mode
* Press Intro /Device ID
*You will be asked to resend and power cycle
*click YES then Cycle the power to drive!
The drive should appear in vendor mode once again
Simply press the Spi Status Button (currently 0x00)
*click YES then Cycle the power to drive!
The drive should appear in vendor mode once again
Simply press the Spi Status Button (currently 0x00)
*Status will change from (currently 0x00) to (currently showing 0x8C) and ur drive will be locked.