TX Needs Testers for their SX LITE or SX CORE Pre-Production Units!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladrin

Noob Account
Feb 14, 2020
España
Hello, very good to the whole team of team xecuter, I am from Spain and I would like to try the SX CORE chip with a 2019 red box nintendo swicth and it has the makiro chip so I can not release it so I am interested in trying the chip SX CORE what would I have to do

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Hello, very good to the whole team of team xecuter, I am from Spain and I would like to try the SX CORE chip with a 2019 red box nintendo swicth and it has the makiro chip so I can not release it so I am interested in trying the chip SX CORE what would I have to do
All you have to do is read the announcement that you just replied to. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nickstar1985

Dreisang77

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2019
USA
I am interested in testing the SX Lite. I have a Switch Lite in my closet collecting dust. It would be nice to have something to do with it.

I'm not afraid of a little soldering (I've done a Wii chip without the clip, hard-modded an N3DS to unbrick it, etc.).

Because I have the unusual preference for merged XCIs over installed NSPs, I believe I stand a fairly good chance of discovering bugs that might otherwise be missed by the other testers.

Considering I'm the author of the CFW installer for a certain 3DS flash cart (and InScripted, which it was based on), I think it's safe to say I'm not your average user. I tend to do things the average user probably would never think of. That's why you want me testing this. If I can't find a way to break it (consider all the crazy stuff I did with the 3DS -- I recompiled Luma Legacy to use it's own folder just because of a beta Quake port Rosalina can't run), your normal users will have nothing to worry about.

I'd say around half of the script commands in Godmode9 were suggested by me. More recently I have helped Jules with NSCB. I have provided some drag and drop batch files for that as well (I've been meaning to update those, but I've been sidetracked by recent retro developments -- MiSTer getting a Neo Geo core, TerraOnion's MegaSD and rerelease of the SSDS3, GDEMU getting cloned, etc.). That I don't mind paying for those should tell you I'm no freeloader. I would buy the SX Lite at the drop of a hat if it was out. I probably would have bought the SX Pro (had I not been between jobs when it came out), but Max was kind enough to send me one.

This may be my first post here, but, that's because I mainly used the Discord server while it was up, and do most of my forum posting on MaxConsole. I was pretty much oblivious to this site until the SX Autoloader plugin came out (I love that thing, btw, so convenient for re-launching recently played games).

I don't expect this post alone to convince anyone. I'll be contacting GaryOpa and Max directly, so they'll know it really was me (it can be difficult to tell since I never use the same username twice, after all). But since this is the official place to apply, I thought it best to post my application here first.

Last edited:

dim82gr

Noob Account
Jan 1, 2020
Greece
I guess no one of the "noob" accounts afraid of bricking their console
Talking for myself..i have some experience with soldering but i would never open a 300€ console for testing unless i had full step by step guide and ofcourse full tested and working
I am also sure that most of them never saw a tri wing screwdriver again

Reactions: Nickstar1985

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
I guess no one of the "noob" accounts afraid of bricking their console
Talking for myself..i have some experience with soldering but i would never open a 300€ console for testing unless i had full step by step guide and ofcourse full tested and working
I am also sure that most of them never saw a tri wing screwdriver again
I can only agree with you in some of your POW, alot of "noobs" are trying to sign on just to get the new stuff for free, but belive me when i say, that it ain't easy to become a tester, many many many thousand mails have been recived and only a few get to the testers state

I porsonaly signed on to help out TX, i have getting alot from here over the last 10 years, so if i can do something to help improve and bug test a product, i do it gladly

And i belive the testers will get a guide to how to install the chip, i don't belive they just recive the chip with the msg "figurer out yourself how to connect it"

But why should TX need testers if the chip is full testet and working ?, what should the testers then do ?
But be sure the chip is testet and working, TX have already postet a vid of a Switch with chip booting SXOS, they even showed pic of a none finnesh install
I have fait in TX, and some have to test the product, if you don't feel up to it, its ok, not all wants to, and yes alot wants to just to get the new stuff for free

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
There is no release date, TX never give any ETA

Reactions: Sacki

Dreisang77

Noob Account
Oct 15, 2019
USA
Well, a Switch Lite only costs $200. And if it bricks, oh well, it's not like I've been using it for anything. Though they've conducted enough preliminary testing already that it seems highly unlikely, to say the least. I have a full-sized Switch already running SX OS, though. Which can serve as the "control group" I might add. So, I'm not exactly going to be devastated if something unexpected happens.

I do expect to get burned occasionally by my impatience. But I'd still rather beta test something than sit around waiting for a final release. That's just the type of person I am.

Last edited:

Fallen

Noob Account
Feb 21, 2020
USA
Pre-ordered my chip back in January. (Waiting patiently) Keep up the good work and thanks for wonderful things to come. 👏 applauding all the devs and testers for the hard work that has be put into this. Keep up the good work. 👍

Sacki

Noob Account
Feb 15, 2020
Philipines
I am interested in testing the SX Lite. I have a Switch Lite in my closet collecting dust. It would be nice to have something to do with it.

I'm not afraid of a little soldering (I've done a Wii chip without the clip, hard-modded an N3DS to unbrick it, etc.).

Because I have the unusual preference for merged XCIs over installed NSPs, I believe I stand a fairly good chance of discovering bugs that might otherwise be missed by the other testers.

Considering I'm the author of the CFW installer for a certain 3DS flash cart (and InScripted, which it was based on), I think it's safe to say I'm not your average user. I tend to do things the average user probably would never think of. That's why you want me testing this. If I can't find a way to break it (consider all the crazy stuff I did with the 3DS -- I recompiled Luma Legacy to use it's own folder just because of a beta Quake port Rosalina can't run), your normal users will have nothing to worry about.

I'd say around half of the script commands in Godmode9 were suggested by me. More recently I have helped Jules with NSCB. I have provided some drag and drop batch files for that as well (I've been meaning to update those, but I've been sidetracked by recent retro developments -- MiSTer getting a Neo Geo core, TerraOnion's MegaSD and rerelease of the SSDS3, GDEMU getting cloned, etc.). That I don't mind paying for those should tell you I'm no freeloader. I would buy the SX Lite at the drop of a hat if it was out. I probably would have bought the SX Pro (had I not been between jobs when it came out), but Max was kind enough to send me one.

This may be my first post here, but, that's because I mainly used the Discord server while it was up, and do most of my forum posting on MaxConsole. I was pretty much oblivious to this site until the SX Autoloader plugin came out (I love that thing, btw, so convenient for re-launching recently played games).

I don't expect this post alone to convince anyone. I'll be contacting GaryOpa and Max directly, so they'll know it really was me (it can be difficult to tell since I never use the same username twice, after all). But since this is the official place to apply, I thought it best to post my application here first.
Did you read the form email them if you already email them then sorry

DRIFT

Noob Account
Feb 20, 2020
ENGLAND
Im a noob at this. can someone help, what is the best youtube vid to watch, showing how to install the sx pro to the switch. Many Thanks in advance

Kemal

Noob Account
Mar 1, 2020
Indonesia
I will be happy to help and develop the sxos core so that everything can run smoothly without any interference on all devices, and can immediately order I promise I will test the device carefully so that the sx os core can work optimally.

Thank you.

T3chWarrior

Expert Modder!
VIP Member
Oct 4, 2010
Somewhere, USA
Good luck on the launch. Sad I missed the pre production samples, as Im finally free to begin modding and such again. If any of the testers back out or you find an extra id happily pay shipping or more. You may know me from previous hits such as, Slim Internal Memory Mod, The Nandwich (prior to the demon release), Dual Hard drive for nandwich, ROL Mod, Coolrunner LED Glitch Mod, and Woody the DIY rework station.

Spiris

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2019
United States
I hope SX LITE or SX CORE can complete the test as soon as possible, and also hope that team-xecuter employees are healthy.
I still have a $ 2 coupon (TW-Coupon) without using on txswitch resellers

Status
Not open for further replies.