ANSWERED TX PCB Update Error

vmc90

Jan 8, 2012
Czech Republic
Hello.

I've just bought my TX replacement PCB (not fake, double checked it), because i've managed to kill my original PCB with bad flash.

So, my xbox is dash 12625, original PCB 9504 (not mislabelled) and i want to update to latest dash and then flash to LT+3.0. I've downloaded USB update.

I have my DVD key, so i proceed to install TX PCB. Everything went good, set WP=1, connected and recognized in JF, so i load STOCK 9504 FW with my DVD key, intro device, vendor mode with no problems. Write, lock SPI, outro (twice) till i get key verified. Good, so i unplug it, set WP=0 and connect it to console.

It starts with no problems, so i put in my USB and start update. But after reeboot i get Status Code: 3151-396B-B600-0401-C000-0022. I've even tried to load STOCK 0272 FW but with no effect, still getting same error.

Any ideas what should help?
Is there at least some way to get from update loop to previous dash?

vmc90

Jan 8, 2012
Czech Republic
Dunno what for, but here you go. Plus there's last log from JF, when i flashed to 0272 FW (Key is blanked, but i have it):

Code:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JungleFlasher 0.1.92 Beta (304)

Session Started Thu Jan 19 17:19:23 2012

This is a Wow 64 process running on 2 x 64 bit CPUs 

portio64.sys Driver Installed 

portio64.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom ! 

Found 8 I/O Ports.

Found 1 Com Ports.

Found 8 windows drives C: D: E: F: G: H: I: Z:

Found 1 CD/DVD drives E:

Loading firmware file D:\JungleFlasher\firmware\myFW.bin

MD5 hash:  0f09eceea2b83b361c938ee4912f51a8

Drive key @ n/a --------------------------------

Firmware Osig: [PLDS    DG-16D4S        9504]

Firmware is:  Stock                           

Loading firmware file D:\JungleFlasher\firmware\Stock firmware\LiteOn (Slim)\0272\Orig-0272.bin

MD5 hash:  371cb1cdf0c953534cbca83c6930abb9

Drive key @ n/a FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Firmware Osig: [PLDS    DG-16D4S        0272]

Firmware is:  Stock                           

Spoofing Target

DVD Key copied to target

Key Sector copied from Source to Target

Target is LT - ID strings not copied to Target

Drive is Slim Lite-On.. 

Key found in KeyDB at record (2 - firmware)

Key is: --------------------------------

Key has been tested and verified, thanks C4eva ! 

Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xD800

Serial flash found with Status 0x72

Sending Device ID request to port 0xD800

Spi Status: 0x00

Manufacturer ID: 0xC2

Device ID: 0x11

Flash Name:  MXIC(MX25L2005)

Flash Size:  262144 bytes

Getting Status from port 0xD800

SPi flash found with Status 0x72

Sending Chip Erase to Port 0xD800

Erasing:

Writing target buffer to flash

Writing Bank 0: ................

Writing Bank 1: ................

Writing Bank 2: ................

Writing Bank 3: ................

Flash Verification Test !

Reading Bank 0: ................

Reading Bank 1: ................

Reading Bank 2: ................

Reading Bank 3: ................

Write verified OK !

Sending Spi Lock request to Port 0xD800

Spi Status: 0x8C

Sending Vendor Outro to port 0xD800

Sending Vendor Outro to port 0xD800

Drive is Slim Lite-On.. 

Key found in KeyDB at record (2 - firmware)

Key is: --------------------------------

Key has been tested and verified, thanks C4eva !

vmc90

Jan 8, 2012
Czech Republic
that's not possible... this is my xbox, i bought it new, and got my key from first time i've connected drive to JF (about year ago, when i've flashad my drive to LT+1.0)

vmc90

Jan 8, 2012
Czech Republic
well, if thats true (but i don't belive that, i even written down my key on piece of paper when first time flashing), what can i do, to at least get out of the update loop???

or now i can just throw my xbox out of window?

xXBladeXx

Jan 16, 2012
Gateshead Uk
how did you extract the files off the origanal drive?? how can you right them down there should of been a dummy.bin file etc ect

The_Doctor

Jan 29, 2011
Try this:

Reflash to 9504 with your key - DO NOT WriteProtect the drive, leave it unlocked.

re-try the update.

Edit - RS250 beat me to it, damn :p

Also, your original drive shouldnt be "bricked" from a bad flash, every liteon i've come across has been recoverable (unless its taken physical damage)

Last edited:
Reactions: rs250

vmc90

Jan 8, 2012
Czech Republic
xXBladeXx: well, that time, SlimUnlock, saved Liteon-OFW.bin and wehn flashing to LT, on first tab of JF I've written down my DVD key and also saved to KeyDB

rs250: Yes i have it, but it has been bad flashed, when power went of during writing. JF didn't recognize it at all. I've even tried probing, but it just give wrong info about chip. With no success... And plus more, i think it's dead because the power stabilizators on the board (right next to the power connector, one with heatsink rubber) are getting pretty hot after few seconds

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Hello.

I've just bought my TX replacement PCB (not fake, double checked it), because i've managed to kill my original PCB with bad flash.

So, my xbox is dash 12625, original PCB 9504 (not mislabelled) and i want to update to latest dash and then flash to LT+3.0. I've downloaded USB update.

I have my DVD key, so i proceed to install TX PCB. Everything went good, set WP=1, connected and recognized in JF, so i load STOCK 9504 FW with my DVD key, intro device, vendor mode with no problems. Write, lock SPI, outro (twice) till i get key verified. Good, so i unplug it, set WP=0 and connect it to console.

It starts with no problems, so i put in my USB and start update. But after reeboot i get Status Code: 3151-396B-B600-0401-C000-0022. I've even tried to load STOCK 0272 FW but with no effect, still getting same error.

Any ideas what should help?
Is there at least some way to get from update loop to previous dash?
if your dash was on 12625 and the drive is 9504 then the drive shouldnt be locked. If your 100% certain its the correct key try this.

intro the drive, click spi lock and unlock the drive. flick switch back to normal (wp0) then load source & target fw's (9504 stock fw)
spoof to target. Make sure both keys match

proceed to flash the drive, once finished outro the drive but dont spi lock it as it is supposed to be unlocked.

Now try to update with usb to 14699 and see what happens

dale;)

Last edited:
Reactions: vmc90

vmc90

Jan 8, 2012
Czech Republic
The_Doctor: well, but how to fix it, thats the question... i tried probing MPX01 with GND probe, but as i said, that just gave me wrong chip info:
Code:
Status 0x80
Re-sending Vendor Intro: 

Spi Status: 0xFF
Manufacturer ID: 0xFF
Device ID: 0xFF
Flash Name:  Unknown type
Flash Size:  n/a
after trying intro again right after it gave me "Please return MRA Hack Device to the Normal position !" and:
Code:
Spi Status: 0x01
Manufacturer ID: 0x01
Device ID: 0x01
Flash Name: Unknown type
Flash Size: n/a

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

N.E.Modz: OK tomorow i'll try it and i'll let you know how it ended

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
The_Doctor: well, but how to fix it, thats the question... i tried probing MPX01 with GND probe, but as i said, that just gave me wrong chip info:
Code:
Status 0x80
Re-sending Vendor Intro: 

Spi Status: 0xFF
Manufacturer ID: 0xFF
Device ID: 0xFF
Flash Name:  Unknown type
Flash Size:  n/a
after trying intro again right after it gave me "Please return MRA Hack Device to the Normal position !" and:
Code:
Spi Status: 0x01
Manufacturer ID: 0x01
Device ID: 0x01
Flash Name: Unknown type
Flash Size: n/a

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

N.E.Modz: OK tomorow i'll try it and i'll let you know how it ended
you cant mra hack a slim drive ?

rhole

Noob Account
Jan 19, 2012
I was under the impression that you cannot run a Dash update that also flashes the drive while a TX PCB is installed in a slim Lite-on. You would probably need to purchase another original 9504 PCB flash it with your key, run the update which will complete this time and turn it to a 0272, then flash the TX PCB with the 0272 LT+ and your key before putting it back in your drive.

vmc90

Jan 8, 2012
Czech Republic
I can try it :D I've grew up with soldering iron and electronics generaly and i consider that PCB already as dead so there is nothing to screw up

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

rhole: don't even tell me that... it's not cheap this stuff :(

The_Doctor

Jan 29, 2011
Sounds like the IC went bad when the power went out.

did you try what i suggested? IE, leave it on 9504, unlocked, and attempt the update again.