GENERAL Unauthorized disc + E68 error

mako313

Jan 17, 2011
Belgium
Hi,

I've just flashed my Liteon 74850C drive to LT+ 3.0
Games as NBA2K12 are now running without any problem (as expected). But Ghost Recon Future Soldier gives some trouble... the game does now boot (unlike before the flash) but mostly in the loading screens an error appears: "Failed to authorize disc"; after pressing OK the system shuts down and reboots.

I guess this may be related to XGD3 games? When burning the game I chose truncate. Am I right that only an iHas burner can solve this problem, or should ABGX be able to fix this?

In addition; when booting the Xbox with the HDD plugged in, the white screen with 'Xbox 360' on it remains and after a few seconds the E68 error appears together with a red light indicating the location of the third Xbox controller. It said "System error. Contact Xbox Customer Support", does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

doe1200

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2011
northern ireland
you need to burn all xgd3 games with a liteon ihas rev b burner flashed with c4evas burnermax frimware,on verbatim discs,truncated backups are not supported,e68 is a harddrive error have you any other devices pluged into your system

Last edited:
Reactions: mako313

mako313

Jan 17, 2011
Belgium
Hi doe1200,

Thanks for the reply.
I'll see where I can buy one

have you any other devices pluged into your system
Only plugged into the Xbox are: power cable, HDMI cable, USB cable to charge wireless controller.

evertonman67

BANNED
Mar 16, 2011
Milton Keynes.UK
The iHas burner are perfect burners for creating your game backups but their getting quite rare now as their not in production any more.Also make sure that you get the correct "B" version model and NOT any of the other versions.
I bought my iHas burner off Ebay and have never had a single problem with it when doing my backups.Even using cheap Aone Plus DL disks,they burn perfect using the latest Imageburn software

mako313

Jan 17, 2011
Belgium
What do you mean with the "B" version model? Must it be in the name or will the burner in the link do?
I'll get my hands on one as fast as possible ;-)

daman10

VIP Member
Jun 27, 2012
I have an Xbox with the same problem e68 when a hard drive is plugged into it I just use a memory stick for the saves and give it to the kids

evertonman67

BANNED
Mar 16, 2011
Milton Keynes.UK
There are a few revision versions of the IHAS burner,with letters from A to D,these letters are printed on the label that's on the top of the IHAS drive itself.You NEED the "B" version drive and NOT the A,C or D as these can't be flashed with the Burnermax firmware.ONLY the "B" model drive can be flashed.
If your still not sure how i've tried to explain this,then please read the thread here on Team Xecuter

---------- Post added at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 ----------

This is the CORRECT version drive you need :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LITEO..._Storage_CD_DVD_Drives_ET&hash=item4d02e72fed

Reactions: mako313