LITEON DG-16D2S Unrecognized Disc : Backups not loading

Goodwin

Jun 10, 2004
Hello,

Been around for a long time but not done much 360 flashing before, I've used a X360USB Pro v2 + Probe 3 to do a LiteOn and a Samsung, both working fine.

Tried to do another Liteon, it's flashed fine, boots and plays originals but won't boot backups.
I get the Play Game tile on the dashboard, but when I click to play I get the 'Unrecognized Disc' Clean and restart console.
Dashboard is updated via USB to 2.0.16202.0

Tried a few disks which all work in the other xbox's.

I've read other threads which say to use a different firmware, so I've tried both LTPlus-0225-v3.0u and LTPlus-0225-v3.0 (loaded as default).

Any suggestions?

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
Hello,

Been around for a long time but not done much 360 flashing before, I've used a X360USB Pro v2 + Probe 3 to do a LiteOn and a Samsung, both working fine.

Tried to do another Liteon, it's flashed fine, boots and plays originals but won't boot backups.
I get the Play Game tile on the dashboard, but when I click to play I get the 'Unrecognized Disc' Clean and restart console.
Dashboard is updated via USB to 2.0.16202.0

Tried a few disks which all work in the other xbox's.

I've read other threads which say to use a different firmware, so I've tried both LTPlus-0225-v3.0u and LTPlus-0225-v3.0 (loaded as default).

Any suggestions?
Don't use slim Liteon fw in a phat Liteon. The laser needs a pot tweak.

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Probably best you don't override the default loaded LT firmware, especially since you don't know what you're doing.

If originals work, great. You're all done. If your backups aren't working, post your XBC, ABGX and IMGBurn logs.

Goodwin

Jun 10, 2004
Thanks for all the reply's, the reason I tried a different firmware was it was advised on a thread I found through search for a similar issue (ALWAYS USE SEARCH, lol):

"you may need the 'LTPlus-0225-v3.0u.bin' instead of the 'LTPlus-0225-v3.0.bin'"
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86162

The disks are fine and running in different the other two xbox's without issue, I don't have the logs for them as some have been on DVD for around a year now when I was running an old firmware - I've also just done some new ones running through ABGX and X360 ISO Hacker on the Mac, these work on the other two.

Anything else I can test/adjust on the laser? It's playing originals fine.

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
Stuck in your tub
No worries, will have to get some logs from next time I burn something off, I don't use IMGburn though as I use Mac. But do use X360 ISO Hacker, which does ABGX.
how about your XBC log? since it auto creates the log there should be no reason why you cant post it.