Unsupported Disc Error XGD3 with iHas burner

goingmasters

Noob Account
Jun 19, 2013
I've thoroughly searched thread after thread of unsupported disc error solutions and can't for the life of me find one that works for me. After burning three XGD3 backups that give me unsupported disc I'm convinced that it has something to do with injecting topology data or setting the right layerbreak. I am burning my backups with an iHas 124b with BurnerMax fw on Verbatim MKM-003 discs and getting great PI/PIF results using kprobe. I am using LT 3.0 and it plays XGD2 backups and originals just fine. A few XGD3 backups I made last year work, but they were truncated because I didn't have an iHas then. Now I'm making the same backups (the right way with an iHas) and getting excellent burn results (PI around 1.5 avg and PIF at 0.08 avg) but still unsupported disc. Could someone clarify what kind of an issue this is?

locobrown

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
First boot without the HDD attached, and load one of the troublesome discs. If the disc fails to load up without the HDD attached, check your DVD firmware and make sure you are using the correct FW for your particular drive. If its recognized, try installing it to the HDD. A dying laser can cause an error as it struggles to read the topology data at the initial boot of a disc.

Run your backups using ABGX, it checks and corrects your images. It autogenerates the layer break and injects the topology data.

Last edited:
Reactions: goingmasters

goingmasters

Noob Account
Jun 19, 2013
Thanks for the response. I was using Xbox Backup Creator to inject the topology data, AND running the ISO through ABGX. Would that have been an issue? And to clarify, I can completely forget about using XBC for topology as long as they're always run through ABGX, correct?

locobrown

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
Yes. ABGX injects it automatically. You only use XBC to rip or to inject topology offline or when one doesn't have an internet connection.

locobrown

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
I have two computers one for strict online and the other for offline use. I use XBC to inject and ABGX to check and fix but while offline the data base needs to updated frequently with the daily stealth files. I don't know why ABGX doesn't inject the topology data while offline even if the .BIN file is in the correct directory. A bug maybe but you can use XBC to inject the topology, if you are using the correct one you shouldn't encounter any problems especially if ABGX displays all greens.

Last edited: