Unsure what went wrong

imagoth2004

Jun 29, 2011
I have myself a XAW700033 and I followed the steps up until the registration for the OS. I turned off the system and put the registration file onto the memory card. Plugging it back in I kept the dongle and jig intact and powered it on. I saw the TX OS boot screen for a brief second and then the system went black.

I then attempted to go directly into the default switch OS by taking out the jig and dongle, but there was a black screen again.

Now the system stays black and nothing seems to get it to work. I did luckily dump the files from the nand so it's not ALL lost. I just need to figure out how to do it over again.

Anyone know?

mickgrady

Sep 25, 2018
It is possible the battery is drained and the console is stuck in RCM, this would account for the above problem. Try plugging it into the mains then hold the power button for about 20 seconds. Then leave it to charge for about an hour. After that see if you can boot into the OS. If that works then try the dongle again. Hope this helps

imagoth2004

Jun 29, 2011
I thought that was the case too. Didn't seem to do much. I was able to get it back into SX OS. Decided to uninstall the stable OS and tried the beta. The beta works fine and I can boot into both. So the problem is solved for now.

Just acts a little finicky at times.