Updated forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Welcome back to the forums, everyone!

While the forums were down we updated the forums rules a little bit to better reflect the current expectations of the community in 2019.

The biggest change is that we no longer turn people away for using clones of older legacy products that are no longer in official production. If a member of the community would like to assist someone using a clone chip, that is fine. As always, be aware that clones are typically of low quality and your results may vary wildly when using them.

Click Here to view Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

rory2005

VIP Member
Jan 15, 2007
Sunny old England
In other words, Turn AUTO RCM off

Dukeofjelly

Nov 17, 2018
USA
That's some very interesting news, thank you for sharing and giving detailed advice guys. I'll be taking any necessary precautions this time and I hope the rumors about bricking turn out to not be true.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
Well, 2 words for you'all guys: Welcome back!

And 2 words for Greedtendo: Always defeated!

deltamind106

Feb 7, 2012
Boston, MA, USA
I'm glad the site is back. Although it is pretty ridiculous that TX was deleting posts from their Facebook page whenever anyone let any frustration out over the prolonged outage.

I can't wait to see the long line of people who "accidentally" upgrade their switch, despite these warnings, and end up with a brick.

JohnDark

Noob Account
Apr 15, 2019
Romania
I was wondering . If we use SX OS Stealth mode , am i safe for any forced or background update downloading ? Should i use any DNS or something if i have stealth mode activated ?

MrPheZ

Jan 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
I can't wait for the "I accidentally updated! only because I didn't read the forums and now you have to fix it"

Let's just take the warning labels off everything!

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Yep. 8.0.0 did drop today.

Doesn't appear to be as big of a change as anticipated :)

Looks like the Master Key is unchanged.
There are some changes though.

Still.... do not update until further notice.

Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.