Updates not working for certain games

pnqwyn44

Noob Account
Jul 18, 2020
US
I am having an issue with updates for certain games. When I installed the latest update for Origami King the game doesn’t work, it doesn’t show up on the Home menu either. If I delete the update it works again. It also happens with the latest update for Link’s Awakening. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?
I am on firmware 10.1.0 with SX Core on the latest firmware.

Last edited:

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
I'm guessing your update NSPs are corrupted as they are both working perfectly fine on my Switch.
Try to download them again from a trustworthy website.

pnqwyn44

Noob Account
Jul 18, 2020
US
I got the updates from tinfoil multiple times. Then I asked the support on Jits discord and they sent me the scene update. Same thing happens.

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
You are using SX OS v3.0.4, right?

As updates are usually small files, you could try to download them online instead of using Tinfoil, just to see if it working or not.
If not working with downloaded file, the problem is elsewhere.

pnqwyn44

Noob Account
Jul 18, 2020
US
I downloaded the update Jits sent me on my laptop and then moved it to my SD card. Then I installed it with tinfoil. The updates are 25mb and 29mb. This only happens with these 2 games, Origami King and Link’s Awakening. I have other games with updates installed that work fine.

I have a Mariko unit with a SX Core installed by ModderFokker. The system was modded about a month ago, and was configured by the installer to use emunand. I haven’t made any changes to the system and haven’t disabled stealth mode or used the sysnand since.

Last edited:

pnqwyn44

Noob Account
Jul 18, 2020
US
I downloaded the update Jits sent me on my laptop and then moved it to my SD card. Then I installed it with tinfoil. The updates are 25mb and 29mb. This only happens with these 2 games, Origami King and Link’s Awakening. I have other games with updates installed that work fine.

I have a Mariko unit with a SX Core installed by ModderFokker. The system was modded about a month ago, and was configured by the installer to use emunand. I haven’t made any changes to the system and haven’t disabled stealth mode or used the sysnand since.
I fixed it by formatting my sd card. I backed up the boot and license files to my computer, then formatted it from exFat to Fat32. I also used the sx menu to “clean all traces”, updated the sysnand firmware, wiped/reformatted the stock fw, and rebuilt the emunand saving it on the hidden partition. Everything installs just fine, and my emunand is the only place with any gaming activity. My sysnand has no profile information on it, and no wifi access.

Last edited: