Updating to 6.0.0 without burning fuse and updating joycons

TubeBar

Aug 6, 2018
My one Switch I already updated and burned the fuse, but am going to try to not burn a fuse on my second Switch. I belive all I need to do is update OFW to 6, have the SX Pro and jig attached and reboot holding power+ button. That should go into RCM. I get that part and should work.

My question is the 6.0.0 FW update also updates the joycons (separate update) will that have any effect if I want tog o back to an older FW? In my case my only older FW is 5.1.

So let's say I go back to 5.1 will the updated (6.0.0) joycons work?

TubeBar

Aug 6, 2018
Yea I know what you mean. That's what most people say that I asked. Since I have 2 Switches wanted to see about preserving fuse. Granted it is probably more work then it's worth.

TubeBar

Aug 6, 2018
I was able to update to 6.0 and not burn a fuse, however seems Big N will not let the joycon's work in wireless mode until you update them. Since I had to update the joycon and taking into consideration what you said I burned the fuse.

One new thing I decided to do was use Auto RCM as much easier. My question is how do I get to the options menu? AutoRCM boots directly into CFW but if I want to run an external payload (restore my NAND) can I get to it using the SX Pro Dongle or do I need to execute a payload w/ USB C Type cable abd app?

TubeBar

Aug 6, 2018
Oh lol, so that's still works (dumb moment). I am really loving autoRCM should have used this a long time ago. Thanks again G.O. :)