FIXED Upgrade from CR3 Lite to CR4 XL

Legendkillller

Aug 29, 2014
So after finding out my other glitch chip was a fake I decided to upgrade to an official CR4. I just finished wiring it all in, adjusted the setting and booted it on to find no successful glitch. I realized I would probably need to rewrite the image to be compatiable with the CR4. Ive made an 'updflash' with CR4 selected and latest dash. Just wanted to know if I would have to resolder the nand wires back on to write or is there a usb option even though i cant get xell at them moment ?

Also, will I need to get xell booted first again ? or can I just skip to the image as I already have my key and info.

I seem to have a lot of difficulty with read/writing nand and was hoping that headache could be avoided.

Thank you in advance. :)

Last edited:

jekdyell

Mar 9, 2013
Yes you will have to wire up your nand reader again and as you already have the CPU key you can just go straight to creating a freeboot image and writing that.
He doesn't need to wire up his nand reader/writer at all.

He can use upserv method in j-runner,and write the new freeboot image that way.

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
He doesn't need to wire up his nand reader/writer at all.

He can use upserv method in j-runner,and write the new freeboot image that way.
OP has taken out the cr3 lite and already wired up the cr4. so he will have to wire up the nand reader.

jekdyell

Mar 9, 2013
OP has taken out the cr3 lite and already wired up the cr4. so he will have to wire up the nand reader.
My bad missed read the op lol.

Well if he has difficulty with writing to nand like he said in op,he could wire his fake cr3 back up,then boot console and write in image.

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
My bad missed read the op lol.

Well if he has difficulty with writing to nand like he said in op,he could wire his fake cr3 back up,then boot console and write in image.
Try reading before making comments please!

Last edited:
Reactions: gavin_darkglide

Legendkillller

Aug 29, 2014
Thank you everyone for your help. I resoldered the NAND wires, made a new image with cr4 support and wrote it. Console glitches consistently with close to instant boot.