Use Probe 3 Conversion Cable with homemade probe?

DeadlyPancakes

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2012
Hi, I'm about to purchase tools for flashing my phat Xbox 360 Elite.
And I'm wondering if I can buy the CK3 Mini for powering the drive, and a Probe 3 Conversion Cable (so I can turn the drive on and off) and use the conversion cable only for the swith and use a homemade probe thats connected to the Xbox chassis? Please respond ASAP as I am planning on buying the items today :)

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
A Probe 3 is very cheap.

What you said should work, but it was designed to be used with older Xecuter probes (v1 and v2).

DeadlyPancakes

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2012
Thanks for quick reply!
As I'm not going to use the plug for the probe itself that shouldnt be a problem right?
And probe 3's are rather expensive as I live in Norway, and have to pay quite a bit for shipping

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
get a probe 3 then if you come unstuck and need support you will be fine

DeadlyPancakes

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2012
Well the thing is I can't afford it. So I'm going to try my "solution" and see if that works.

EDIT: Btw, I'm not sure if my chipset is compatible it says: ECS nettle3 on cpuid

Last edited:

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
Btw, I'm not sure if my chipset is compatible it says: ECS nettle3 on cpuid
get all the right tools for the job and u wont go far wrong if you get used to using the search function.
and if you get stuck you have more chances of getting more help and if you cant afford certain bits of hardware save up and trust me its well worth it:D

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
A galaxy far far away....
if you cannot afford the proper tools for the job, how do you afford to buy retail games to be able to make back ups of?

no one cares what you can and cannot afford, this is a TX support site and when asking for support you will be given the proper advice on which tools you need

if you do not like the answers given to you, google is over there --------------->

Reactions: talby71

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
if you cannot afford the proper tools for the job, how do you afford to buy retail games to be able to make back ups of?

no one cares what you can and cannot afford, this is a TX support site and when asking for support you will be given the proper advice on which tools you need
;)

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia

if you do not like the answers given to you, google is over there --------------->
Don't think you will get answer to that for obvious reasons

Reactions: frayed