Very Very Simple Stupid Question! Will take you 32 seconds!

xXLoganXx

Dec 25, 2004
Tampa USA
Guys,

Although this question will make some of you laugh and some of you want to invent a new emoticon, believe me when I say I looked for it. I think it's one of those things that should be common sense and not directly addressed.

So on that note.. simply put:

If you get a frag on bank 1234 (on on off off off) after an unsuccessful flash of X3_1959_16plus and you want to go back to Cromwell , do you just "reflash" via http again with the 3.0.1 Bios file founded here in the download section? Basically I want to kinda like "reset CMOS"... and try from scratch.

Reason being, I read a thread here of someone having the same problem as me and I want to try flashing the X31959 without the switch installed, which he said solved his problem. Obviously without the switch the default bank is 1234 and it frags right now. My problem is a hangup 3/4 way through flash, but that's a different story right now. My simple question answered is all I'm asking, nothing more.

Thanks

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Re: Very Very Simple Stupid Question! Will take you 32 secon

there's no such thing as a 'factory reset' when it comes to flashing banks!

Does your backup BIOS work? If so, you can boot to it without the switch attached and try to reflash the X3 1959 plus 16 BIOS.

Martin

xXLoganXx

Dec 25, 2004
Tampa USA

Martin C said:
there's no such thing as a 'factory reset' when it comes to flashing banks!

Does your backup BIOS work? If so, you can boot to it without the switch attached and try to reflash the X3 1959 plus 16 BIOS.

Martin
Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm wasn't going to drag the whole story out again but since I have "your" attention, maybe you can help me. I'm about to give up on the chip and just wait for my second one to come which is on Tuesday. But maybe you know something nobody else here does.

I have a 1.6 (Samsung) board, after reading the tutorials here BEFORE I even tried to install the chip, my install was flawless in one shot. From what I assume anyhow (Blue,Red and Purple led's and EvoXM8 bios loads). So after installing the chip I flashed to bank 1234 (on-on-off-off-off) and got a halt 3/4 way through. I read here that that usually means that the file size is incorrect. I downloaded the X3_1959_v16plus from two different sources to make sure it wasn't corrupt and verified its' size which was 1024kb.

After doing that numerous times I tried to flash in bank 5678 (off-on-off-off-off) and still the same exact thing. For some reason this chip does not in no way want to take that X3 Bios!?

The only other Bios I could find was the Evo M8plus_16 which was 256k. So I flashed that into bank 1 (on-on-on-on-off) and it loads fine. I get the EvoX logo in the top right hand corner, it plays backups but the dash is exactly like M$.

Came home, read your response and naturally tried that as well. Disconnected the Pro Switch and tried reflashing from backup into default bank 1234 and ..... and..... NOPE! Still nothing!? Still get the 3/4 halt?

I've read, and I've read and I've read! You start stating a post about this topic and I guarantee you I can finish it... cause I've read em all!

I thought I had it nipped when I was at work and I read a guy had the same exact problem but resolved it by disconnecting the external switch. But I had no such luck.

Any ideas from anyone would be great! I really don't want to stick with that EvoX bios, but right now I have no choice! :x

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

I would definitely wait until your other chip arrives and try that instead. It does sound like a chip fault.

Martin

Pinacle

Noob Account
Dec 4, 2004
Scotland

Hi, The chip is OK. :D

First: Put all the switches to OFF, then press and hold the power and eject buttons to get into the backup bios.

Now goto flash from cd and insert your bios cd and reflash.

Hay Presto problem solved. :D

Archemidies

Dec 28, 2004
Florida

I've been at my box for well over a few hours now. It's a 1.4. It worked with "on,on,on,on" got it to load all the way through 1959. Formatted and partitioned the new hdd. The xbox reset and it went back to 3.0.3. Got 3.0.3 to load on a couple different banks. Loaded fine. When I try to flash 1959 on the banks that allready contain 3.0.3 it stops 3/4. this has happened on 3 different banks. All of the other banks are fragged. I can get it to flash 3.0.3 but when it restarts = frag. Since it has the 3/4 stop problem I am wondering if it could be the chip?

any suggestions?

romracer

Loyal Member
Dec 6, 2002
Retail: Deus Ex: Human Revolution ignites August 23

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has yet to receive its latest official release date from Square Enix, but it appears retailers around the globe are doing it for the publisher. Major video game shops in North America, Australia and the UK have updated today to show August 23, 25, and 26 launch dates, respectively.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-08-deus-ex-human-revolution-release-date
Source

bubble-tea

Nov 3, 2003
you shouldn't even have the game to burn yet...soo thanks for letting everyone know you're a thief
There are two main types of users on 360mods.net: Those who steal, and those who want to learn how to steal. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

GodZilla

Console Freak
Oct 31, 2003
There are two main types of users on 360mods.net: Those who steal, and those who want to learn how to steal. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.
This suggests you are a pirate! Piracy is not condoned here!
The site supports modification of 360's - a large portion of those modifications are cosmetic (not piracy), the other part is to allow the creation of a BACKUP of your original games (to prevent loss of data that you legally own)(NOT PIRACY)
if you are here for any other reason - then you are on the wrong site!
Any discussion of piracy is NOT TOLERATED. Breaking forum rules leads to a Ban from the forum!
You have been warned!

Thread closed.