VGA Mode Not Working For You ? - Please Read !

gavster

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2002
Northampton, UK
jakexgt,

Boot from your backup (eject + Power) next flash the lates X2 bios and change your system to pal. You can then flash X3 again and boot into config live. That worked for me !

Good luck

Gavster

Divian

Nov 28, 2004
Earth
I thought they said (see the *.ini) that the VGA option inside the BIOS wans't working (yet).

mobomelter

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I turned on the VGA thing on accident cuz i hit the wrong button and rebooted to a blank screen how do i disable the vga so i can see what im doing again and ys i feel stupid for doing that but it happens

Ron

Email [email protected]

jakexgt

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2004
New Mexico
That's what I did and I can not see anything. I have tired flashing an x2 bios on the chip and it did not work. If you flash the X3 1957 bios you can see the config menu but I still can not turn it off.

mobomelter

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
where you guys find HDDs that are so large that donot run on SATA? and i dont want to flash nething because ive gotten all the stuff setup im hoping somebody can tell me the number of times i have to hit down and a untill i get to the vga thing and then i can see once again

hopefully...

gavster

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2002
Northampton, UK
to blindly turn off VGA in Config live press

A,A,UP,UP,A

Reboot

Job done!

Gavster

wolrahnaes

VIP Member
Oct 21, 2004
Toledo, OH
www.needsmoarp0wer.info
Pixel8 pinout, minus the sync separator
Works fine with TATX, no luck with any of the X3 versions I tried.

chodberry

Noob Account
Jan 19, 2005
X2VGA+ - Pink & Green in 1080i

Hi,

Just bought a X2VGA+, works fine with my xbox in 480p, but when I load Avalaunch (or any other app. that uses 1080i) the colours or distored, with a pink forground and a green background.

I guess I'm experiencing some weird "sync on green" issues. I havn't tried some of the 3rd party VGA BIOS's yet (such as Pixel8's - which seems to be what most VGA BIOS's are based on) which claim to fix some of these issues. I'm hoping that Team Xecuter has all this under control and are going to make me very happy in the next X3 BIOS release (as I understand it some VGA functionality was pulled recently presumably in an effort to stablize).

Checkout my system specs:

Xecuter 3 (BIOS ver. = 3294)
1.0 NTSC XBOX
X2VGA+
Toshiba Stasia 32WL48 32" LCD TV with VGA input

Cheers,

Chod

MacGyver Jr.

Jun 21, 2005
Running on a X2VGA+, but I've tried 720p mode with both my 15" CRT monitor and my 19" LCD, and it just doesn't work...the CRT monitor is the only one that works in 1080i mode.

Xecuter-3 CE, BIOS build 3294
Xbox v1.3 w/ the connexant video chip.
19" Hyunday LCD, no more than 2 months old
15" Futura CRT, about 12 years old

Ganksta187

Jun 23, 2005
North Carolina
Slayer Questions.. Cant see F drive

.I used Slayer 2.6 to fix my box, which did fix alot of my problems, however when I use DVD to Xbox It only shows the C and D drive. Not my huge F drive. I was told to try Avalaunch and even then it did not show. When I use Xbox explorer it shows the f drive with appz on it. Can anyone help me???

:eek:
Wrong area... Sorry...

JimBobUK

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2004
Gloucester
www.gadgetbuddy.co.uk
lol!
in DVD2XBOX press the lil white button and mark F drive as yes

simple!

MacGyver Jr.

Jun 21, 2005
Ganksta187 said:
If I do the Vga mod does that disable the RCA jacks?
It won't disable the RCA (A/V) function, just the next time you hook them up with the VGA patch on, it'll look...funky :p

thex

I know this thread is a little old, but I'll add my results...

Sync on Green Monitor.
Enabled VGA on X3 3293
Xbox 1.4 Focus

Used a HD AV pack connected to a 3RCA component -> Dsub15 VGA cable.

Green tint on everything.
Only some games work.

hendrikm

Noob Account
Jul 11, 2005
Syn on Green Plasma TV and Sync on Green Iiyama VM Pro 510 also sync on green
Enabled VGA on X3 3293 & 3294
Xbox 1.6 Pal Xecuter 3

Selfmade AVIP to Dsub15 VGA cable (Mode: 11 to 12 and 13 to 14 connected)

Everything is green..A little less red i think

prdrnyc

Nov 1, 2005
using the original xbox av cables should do the trick till you get your chip flashed. i had the same prblem. hope this helps( the og cables go for about 4$).

dfect

Noob Account
Jan 5, 2004
Hows the VGA support going for the xecuter bioses (removed on last release) ?

Having a 1.6 box and it looks like theres no other vga-bios available for it..

Would been great with true vga out instead of x2vga+ thingy i am doing right now..