VGA Mode Not Working For You ? - Please Read !

H0Td0g

Noob Account
Nov 2, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
XBOX v1.2/1.3, X3 v3294, Conextant

Using HD AV pack connected to BNC inputs (RGB only) on sync on green capable Samsung CRT monitor >boots to dash on all resolutions and playable HD compatible games but only in green. Same outcome with X3 VGA patch enabled.

Anyone know if the sync on green option work on the BNC connectors or is it only for the D-sub? Am I gonna have to build a D-sub cable to get this to work? Any input would be appreciated.

warriorcookie

Oct 18, 2004
Canada
ya, no kidding, wasn't it last june when they removed vga? Didn't they say any day now, we'll release the fixed one with full VGA. I have seen people ask what happened, but nobody has ever had a difinative answer.

Xecuter, where is this "one last bios release"? Please......

SSNAKE

Noob Account
Jan 23, 2006
Xecuter said:
I need to know if this works for you

Tell us which Xbox Version You have
Which VGA Cable design you are using (link to the tutorial of making one if you did it yousrelf0
Tell us if it does work and how you tested
Tell us if it doesnt work and how you tested and what other bios you used that DID work for you

Thanks !
[email protected]
all tutorial cable ( V G A ) for xbox ok very good !!! my friend
HI-T3CH-COBR4 - S.SNAKE BRAZIL

Last edited:

Xecuter3ce

Nov 18, 2006
I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but i would imagine this thread is dead.

The post before yours was dated 26 Jan 2006 !

:(

warriorcookie

Oct 18, 2004
Canada
boy, that sure got swept under the rug real fast. Begining of june in 2005 was when the VGA bios for all versions came out, the one that wouldn't let ver 6 xboxs even boot. Then they re-released it with vga disabled, promising a working one was comeing real soon. Then nothing was said for months. The 360 came out, and it's been forgoten.

Thanks xecuter. When you promised a vga bios for all versions, alot of us cut holes in the back of our xboxs, made the signal spliter circuits, went to alot of work to get ready for the bios. Still, no-one from xecuter has said anything about the project being aborted, or anything. Thanks alot.

Smoke_Screen_UK

Noob Account
Oct 31, 2005
Ok, so it doesn't look like Team Xecuter are ever going to get around to sorting out VGA mode in their X3 BIOS, especially as they seem to be focusing all their attention on the Xbox 360 and Wii now.
My only advice is to check out This Thread on the xbox-scene Forum. It looks like they've got it cracked (except for v1.6 boxes) and FrostyTheSnowman and PunMaster say they'll be making a full tutorial soon, covering all the steps mentioned in the thread.

Hope this helps everyone who has been waiting for something to come up on the VGA scene, especially those who have already made the cable or fitted the socket on their xbox.

Maybe Team Xecuter could check it out too or contact FrostyTheSnowman and see about including the code in their BIOS and release that final version they mentioned so so long ago.

Smoke Screen UK

lukeman3000

Jan 11, 2006
Ok, so 3 years later... does the "VGA Patch" option in the X3 bios actually do anything?

I turned it on, restarted my xbox with a VGA cable plugged in, and I got no picture... what gives?

DARKMASH

Noob Account
Apr 30, 2010
is vga working as yet then? im awaiting a x3 chip,lcd front panel ,frozen vga cable, for this 1.4mhz,128ram xbox awaiting, pleasse any help would be great