VGBA emulator crashes Switch

Gambit's_Ac3

Noob Account
May 25, 2019
So I'm new here in the forums and I hope I'm doing this correctly. I've combed over the forums for an answer but it doesn't seem this has been addressed yet. I tried operating the Vgba emulator and everything was going great but I guess I wasn't supposed to use the home button as a means to close the emulator. After a few of those the system would not turn on anymore. I did wipe the memory card and only copied the license and boot files while booting from the computer. Worked great but when I tried to copy the original files I had from my computer it would not boot up again. Is there a specific file that is making this crash or will i have to start from scratch with no original saved data?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Are you using retroarch or a standalone emulator? It's possible the files from the PC version are different for save files maybe or save states.

Gambit's_Ac3

Noob Account
May 25, 2019
Using a standalone emulator, Vgba-next. I tried to copy the exact files back onto the memory card but something in those files seems to keep crashing the switch. For now I've removed the emulator and all games and copied all xci files I had on the sx os firmware. It's a shame because there's alot of GBA games I wanted to replay again.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I would try RA if you haven't already. It has the best support in my opinion.

Reactions: Gambit's_Ac3

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
People do use it with exFAT, but they recommend fat32 because the exFAT driver on the Switch isn't great when it comes to homebrew.