[Vid][Tut] Full Flashing tutorial in detail LiteOn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Tell me what's wrong with the JF manual?

If you can't follow the step by step process in there, you have no business going near anything sharp, let alone a games console.

mybeefcakes

Noob Account
Sep 7, 2011
Stafford
www.youtube.com
Tell me what's wrong with the JF manual?

If you can't follow the step by step process in there, you have no business going near anything sharp, let alone a games console.
There's nothing wrong with it as a whole but it can be confusing to some users and the PhatKey method in the JFtut is temperamental and doesn't always work which can be an absolute pain.

Jeez sorry for trying to help.

JFtut doesn't tell you where to obtain tools or talk about them in detail. To be honest I'd rather kick back and take it in through a 30 min video than read a document for just as long.

Some people are audio learners.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
ok -

Spoofing - no longer supported. You shouldn't even be mentioning this.

Using the 360 as power. Massive no-no. Never advise this under any circumstances.

I'm still listening so will edit this post as I find other things....

dpcragg

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2010
that gave me a head ache lol 30 mins, thats abit long, could av done that in 5 lol and on another note you don't need the usb cable in as you have the probe 3

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
There's nothing wrong with it as a whole but it can be confusing to some users and the PhatKey method in the JFtut is temperamental and doesn't always work which can be an absolute pain.

Jeez sorry for trying to help.

JFtut doesn't tell you where to obtain tools or talk about them in detail. To be honest I'd rather kick back and take it in through a 30 min video than read a document for just as long.

Some people are audio learners.
I understand you want to try and help ppl thats good but you really need to get upto speed as much as you can like Martin c was saying there are things in your tut that is a no no and you don't really want to miss guide anyone but it was good of you to try and help listen to the help from Martin c and you will be on the right road to making some good tuts:wink:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Trollin' haters gunna hate.

BTW Spoofing no longer supported? I just did it to an Xbox from a original Jasper LiteOn to a Sammy ms28.
Good luck with doing a dash update with a spoofed drive.

mybeefcakes

Noob Account
Sep 7, 2011
Stafford
www.youtube.com
ok -

Spoofing - no longer supported. You shouldn't even be mentioning this.

Using the 360 as power. Massive no-no. Never advise this under any circumstances.

I'm still listening so will edit this post as I find other things....
And it gets you flagged right?
I mention in the video that you shouldn't play online anyway? :/

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
Spoofing drives and dash updates and you going to get some e errors poping look you will not listen and you going to make your self look silly stop and learn don't get all pissy just because you have been corrected :facepalm:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
You know that flags can also prevent profiles being transferred between consoles?

Found another one - SATA and Lite-on drives are not a good mix. VIA cards for example will crash the machine after trying to erase the drive before writing to it.

Unfortunately this is what happens when someone who thinks because the config works for them, it'll work for everyone.

I'm going to remove the video and close this thread - you need to contact a mod in future to have your tutorial approved - for the reasons already mentioned, this wouldn't get approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.