Video Instuctions for NAND-X and Freeboot Install

Mar 20, 2010
Dirty South
Ok guys and gals I took some pics during the installation of the NAND-X and also made a video for reading the nand and installing freeboot with coolshrimps app. The ease of use with the NAND-X and coolshrimps app is unbelievable. Check it out let me know what you think. If needed I will also make a tut written out and posted on the forums so that you can see the pics better, the pics are in HD on youtube so it should turn out pretty good if it's paused and in full screen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUggR0OQfhs[/ame]

CG

Last edited:
its coming up "not available" ?

dale
The video is probably in processing right now. Try after a little while. It should work.

Mar 20, 2010
Dirty South
Yeah it's still processing, it's taking for ever, I waited like 10 minutes after I posted it so that it would be almost finished. I'll let you all know when it's ready to be watched.

CG

Yeah it's still processing, it's taking for ever, I waited like 10 minutes after I posted it so that it would be almost finished. I'll let you all know when it's ready to be watched.

CG
Well...I haven't even got my Nand-X yet, but I was still anxious to see how it was installed. :p

Anyways, no problem. Will see it after its processed.:D

Mar 20, 2010
Dirty South
Ok new link updated, video is now working, if you want the HD version watch it later. Remember rate it and if you haven't by now subscribe please.

CG

Mar 20, 2010
Dirty South
Yeah man it's a xenon, you would install it on any other console the same way as well though. The only thing that is different is the jtag installs.

CG

kerman80

Noob Account
Mar 31, 2010
At 01:30, what are you actually getting, the CPU Key as the program says, or the NAND?

At 04:53 you're directly pasting CPU Key; how did you copied it previously on the PC, for pasting then on JTAG TOOL at 04:53?

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
youve just been told not to use jtag tool because its buggy.

as you asked though at 1.30 hes reading the nand then he gets the cpu key from xell and types it into a notepad file and saves. from there you can copy and paste it into jtag tool.

LIKE YOUVE BEEN TOLD THOUGH DO NOT USE JTAG TOOL UNTIL ITS BEEN UPDATED AND THE BUGS SORTED.

kerman80

Noob Account
Mar 31, 2010
Im not using jtagtool at all, it was just curiosity to get a better overall understanding of the whole thing of "jtaging world"

Thanks again, mate.

Last edited:

relax2010

Noob Account
Jan 27, 2011
Chiangmai , Thailand.
Thanks a lot to this video for many ideas I get especially when I first got E79 with first model of Jtag Kit and waiting for new model of Jtag Kit for E79 to come. I successfully write
back to NAND with Alternative Connection shown in video with 2 of diode 1N4148 without
any E79 to annoy me. Thanks again.

Bluecap89

Noob Account
Apr 18, 2011
Hi, this guide makes the whole process look quite simple, I get the part about the Quick Solder Boards, but im abit confused about the actual 'jtaging' portion.

In the vid is states that you only need to solder the wires in the pic if you have a Xenon Mother Board. But what do you do for other Mother Boards?

I know that it says that the kit comes with QSB for the jtag install, but I dont wanna get to that point and then start guessing.

Thanks.

Support Our Sponsors