Video Tutorial on Installing Uniata Drivers

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
(UPDATED) Video Tutorial on Installing Uniata Drivers

(UPDATED for all Windows O.S) Also works with 0800 firmware for Ripping.

UNIATA Drivers for all windows O.S (x64 included)

These drivers will allow you to flash all drives without having to delete them for Lite-on drives

The video is for XP, but the principle is the virtually the same for Vista/Win7 (minor differences listed below)

Download this file first and put on desktop, then follow the video.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6wv974519o8y29

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HB982mt1Ic[/ame]

for Vista/Win7 (32bit only)

Uninstall Viachipset card thru Device Manager.

goto > search and type in viamraid.sys, delete all files (excluding the ones downloaded on desktop). There maybe blue uninstall files, delete them too

repeat and search for vsmraid.sys (delete all files if found)

delete from recycle bin

Reboot, Windows should recognise new hardware and want to install it. Click on "Have disk" an point to desktop > VIA_V-RAID_SoftwarePackage_V5\VIA_V-RAID_SoftwarePackage_V5.80G\VRAIDDrv\VISTA\x86

(it will either ask for viamraid.sys or viamraid.inf) install either.

If the drivers automatically install dont worry, opposite Click on the via sata card in device manager and click on update driver software then install as previous.

XP/Vista/WIn7 (64bit only)

As for vista/Win7 apart from deleting viamraid.sys and vsmraid.sys goto search > and type in viamrx64.sys delete if found

Now follow steps as for 32bit

point it to:

VIA_V-RAID_SoftwarePackage_V5\VIA_V-RAID_SoftwarePackage_V5.80G\VRAIDDrv\VISTA\x64

The lite-on drive may freeze on first attempt. If it does, just power it off and the erase will fail. Then power back on and click on intro and it will hit vendor mode.
(after that you should have no more freezing)

Special thanks goes to Flashing360 for extensively testing these drivers on Win7 32bit/64bit

say thanks +rep if help

Dale;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SAMMY816

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
just manually install the drivers.

im pretty sure the location is vraiddrv/vista/x86/viamraid.sys

thats for 32 bit drivers, i know these dont work on 64 bit win 7. i used the same drivers on my win 7 32 bit.

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
just manually install the drivers.

im pretty sure the location is vraiddrv/vista/x86/viamraid.sys

thats for 32 bit drivers, i know these dont work on 64 bit win 7. i used the same drivers on my win 7 32 bit.

hi,

its: VIA_V-RAID_SoftwarePackage_V5\VIA_V-RAID_SoftwarePackage_V5.80G\VRAIDDrv\drvdisk\VISTA\x86

im in the process of making the driver work on 64bit systems, but need a guinea pig if any ones interested ?? lol

dale

kapil888

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2010
United States
Hey, I just installed them (with a wee bit of dificulty). When I start windows it asks me to install the management for UNIATA. I assume select no right? It also says its functioning correctly but it has -3249 by it. Do I need to worry about it or is it just vista saying that its an unsigned driver?

Last edited:

Marlec

Apr 11, 2010
Netherlands
I am having some probs getting these drivers installed. Until very recently i was using XP and have successfully flashed many drives with no probs watsoever.

A few weeks ago i went over to Windows 7 and at first had no probs until i tried to flash an Hitachi 59, thats when things got complicated. It would not show up no matter wat i tried. Now normally i would reinstall the file that your supposed to remove to stop freezing just for Hitachi`s if they were being difficult, on XP that worked fine but on 7 it would freeze up my PC straight away after starting JF so i was stuck then i saw this post. I followed the instructions to the letter but i keep getting this error

I cannot figure wat i am doing wrong, can you please advise me ?

kapil888

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2010
United States
Hitachi drives seem to have problems with the drivers. They sometimes get stuck at parts. I'll be making a tutorial soon on an in depth way to do this for windows vista 32 bit (should work for all 32 bit operating systems). As for the 3249 status, it is normal.

jorgesalas831

VIP Member
Aug 2, 2010
California
yea i agree