"Waiting for Drive" Screen

Grapple

Noob Account
Jan 10, 2005
Arlington, NE
Hello,

First, I have searched through old posts trying to find the answer. I've had no luck. I appreciate any help possible.

I had the XBox sent off for the Executor 3 Mod Chip and had a new WD1200 Harddrive installed. It boots up with FlashBios 3.0.1. I'm attempting to Flash the X3 1959 Bios. When I insert the CD made from Nero 6. I get the following screen message.

Waiting for drive

It continues to cycle through this and never goes any further. Please, what am I doing wrong.

Also, the box came with the factory X3 Jump Switch Panel stuck to the left front of the box. I bought the X3 Control Switch and installed it. It came with no directions. But, it was pretty much a no brainer to install. However, am I correct in assuming that since the Flash Protect button is on the left. That when they are talking about settings (i.e. on on off off off. That is actually

Flash Protect - off - red light
Bank 1 - on - Blue Light - Button In
Bank 2 - on - Blue Light - Button In
Bank 3 - off - No Light - Button Out
Bank 4 - off - No Light - Button Out

If this is redundant. I sincerely apologize. I've worked on many computers before and never have I had this much difficulty. I don't even play XBox. This conversion is for my kids, yes that is the truth. I vested many man hours to date. :( Please Help Me.

After seeing all the games that are out there. I told my boys they need to find one that I might like to play with them.

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Sincerely,

Grapple

cab211

Noob Account
Jul 24, 2004
ca
Flash the bios using the network feature. You don't have to have a disk. Just select update from network and then type the xbox's ip address into your computer's browser and upload the new bios. I love this feature of the X3

sirshady420

VIP Member
Nov 2, 2004
Erie, Pennsyltucky
Yes, take cabs advise.... I would flash via network if at all possible...Also do all of your transfers via FTP as well!!!

Bad2bones

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2004
Hawaii
www.thinkgeek.com
this happend to me, i just flashed HTTP, but the reason it didnt read the CD is because i had a samsung 616T drive

Grapple

Noob Account
Jan 10, 2005
Arlington, NE
Success

I remade the CD using a TDK CD-RW and what do you know. IT WORKED. I will say that I was using a Memorex before. They do S**k A**.

My boys are partially excited now. After 1 week they can finally atleast play their XBox. I haven't figured out to network together so I can use QWIX 1.01. I even downloaded Avalaunch. That is my next hurdle, to get that program into the XBox.

I haven't found detailed networking instructions yet. I'm still looking.

For the responses to my initial question. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

I'm hoping to eventually use Avalaunch with Qwix together. From what I read, it seems that this is the best Dashboard. And the two together are a match made in heaven.

If there is a quick way to LAN my notebook to the XBox. Let me know. I guarantee, I'm ready to work on something else. :)

Sincerely,

Grapple

Grapple said:
I remade the CD using a TDK CD-RW and what do you know. IT WORKED. I will say that I was using a Memorex before. They do S**k A**.

My boys are partially excited now. After 1 week they can finally atleast play their XBox. I haven't figured out to network together so I can use QWIX 1.01. I even downloaded Avalaunch. That is my next hurdle, to get that program into the XBox.

I haven't found detailed networking instructions yet. I'm still looking.

For the responses to my initial question. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

I'm hoping to eventually use Avalaunch with Qwix together. From what I read, it seems that this is the best Dashboard. And the two together are a match made in heaven.

If there is a quick way to LAN my notebook to the XBox. Let me know. I guarantee, I'm ready to work on something else. :)

Sincerely,

Grapple
Outstanding soldier!

But the best dash is XBMC with Avalaunch ready to run as an application. ;) That’s just my opinion though. As for networking, what is your current setup? Do you have a router/switch or hub?

Incer

Dec 20, 2003
Help with New Dash plz

Ok first of all i had my benq drive flashed lt+. Then i received my copy of halo reach for the beta dash and put that in and it rewrote my drive like everyone else xbox. The thing is i flashed my xbox back to stock then went to go online and there was another update for the new beta dash that came out like 2 days ago. The problem is that every time i go to update it gets about 3/4 done and gives me a status code. So what i did was go to check my connection and it says im connected to the internet but not xboxlive. Please someone help me if you had this same problem.
Thank you

sethb9871

Nov 17, 2003
could of been an issue with xbox live< usually if ur banned u get a display saying ur console is banned>