GENERAL WDxxxxLPVX not supported

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU
Just tried to flash (dump first) a WD5000LPVX drive. Hddhackr v1.40 says it supports LPVT (it usually is the same as this or very similar) but hddhackr v.021 with usb pro (v.20) when trying to dump it lists 2199gb for size and creates an empty file all 0xFF bytes. I dared not to flash the "new" 500 gb hddss.bin file.

What do you think will it ever be supported or no one gives a fcuk and I should just try with DOS?

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
I wouldnt hold your breath..seems pretty much all 360 projects have come to a halt. Nothing seeems to get updated anymore

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU
yeah, my thoughts exactly. I might give it a go on an older laptop with hddhackr to see if it goes well. it does really seem that everything 360 related is on summer-winter holiday.

Cadibiagio

VIP Member
Mar 11, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, eh!
For anyone who reads this later on. I just want to confirm that I've successfully flashed a WD5000LPVX drive with HddHackr (DOS Method). I originally tried using the XECUTER X360USB HDD Hacker Tool with my X360USB Pro but kept getting an unhandled exception error early on (when I tried to "Flash"). Tried my laptops hard drive bay sata...no go....tried one of my desktops onboard...no go....tried another desktop...voila it worked! Tested and good to go for 460GB in my Xbox 360!

Basically it can in fact be flashed but On-Board Sata compatibility may be a pain. Cheers.

Note: I could not find a way to disable the AHCI (set it to ATA) on the first desktop I tried so that may be why it failed.

part-timer

Mar 4, 2006
Canada
my sata configuration in the bios shows "Disabled/Compatible/Enhanced" should I leave it on Enhanced or change to Compatible?

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
I believe you will want to disable it.

part-timer

Mar 4, 2006
Canada
thanks for all your help.

I followed the guide, but in the end it doesn't say anything about formatting the partitions 0/2/3. If I look at the tut for the X360USB PRO it mentions after creating partitions 0/2/3 you need to format them. is that the last step that I will have to do?
I installed the compatible firmware, created partitions 0/2/3 and when I plugged the drive into a stock 360 slim it doesn't see the HDD. I plugged it into a RGH'd console and it sees it.

garysa34

Mar 1, 2012
For anyone who reads this later on. I just want to confirm that I've successfully flashed a WD5000LPVX drive with HddHackr (DOS Method). I originally tried using the XECUTER X360USB HDD Hacker Tool with my X360USB Pro but kept getting an unhandled exception error early on (when I tried to "Flash"). Tried my laptops hard drive bay sata...no go....tried one of my desktops onboard...no go....tried another desktop...voila it worked! Tested and good to go for 460GB in my Xbox 360!

Basically it can in fact be flashed but On-Board Sata compatibility may be a pain. Cheers.

Note: I could not find a way to disable the AHCI (set it to ATA) on the first desktop I tried so that may be why it failed.
Had the same issue with a WD5000BEVT, was having no joy with HDD Hacker Tool but flashed fine with Hddhackr.:)