weird external hdd issue

shiree1

Noob Account
Aug 19, 2018
ofw 11.0
cfw sxos 3.1.0
removed all layeredfs in /sxos/titles and automount while troubleshooting.

external drive is formatted as exfat and backups are stored in /sxos/xci/ (tried root and /xci/ also)

external hdd does not recognized or accessible from cfw's installer menu (album's first page, it never worked since 2.5.4) but can be accessed from tinfoil 11.0 without problem.

another clue to troubleshoot is that external drive's access led keeps blinking forever(yes, until turn the console off or unplug external) when it's connected.
and it only comes back to normal while tinfoil's running.

so it seems its not caused by external's compatibility but sxos.

any suggestion to fix this?

shiree1

Noob Account
Aug 19, 2018
Are the exFAT drivers installed on emuNAND?
omg, should I have to install exfat driver separately? didn't know that. thought it's included in ofw already.

I've been using exfat formatted sd for a while but switched to fat32 sd months ago and not installed exfat driver after that.
so maybe you're right, thanks!!

EDIT: flashed ofw 11.0 (exfat) again with choidujour and voila! it works! thanks!!!! :D

Last edited:

copyandpaste

Sep 21, 2019
usa
I'm glad you got it working again.

You mentioned that your external hdd works with tinfoil. May I ask did you do anything special to get it working with tinfoil? my external hdd works fine with sxos and sx installer, but for some reason I've never been able to get tinfoil to recognize it.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
I'm glad you got it working again.

You mentioned that your external hdd works with tinfoil. May I ask did you do anything special to get it working with tinfoil? my external hdd works fine with sxos and sx installer, but for some reason I've never been able to get tinfoil to recognize it.
Open up the locations.conf file with a text editor and add ","usbhdd:/"," somewhere to tell Tinfoil to look for USB devices.