What Exactly Do I Need?

SoggieWafflz

Noob Account
Sep 6, 2019
Washington
tldr; Want to get the CR4 XL for Jasper Xbox, do I need anything other than the CR4 and wires? What connections do I need to solder? What gauge wire?

For some reason my father got rid of the old Xbox 360s I had, and so I'm about to purchase a PHAT Jasper.
I've been looking around online all day, and since it seems the best option would be to purchase the CR4 XL, which is apparently compatible with the Jasper motherboard, I thought I'd ask in this forum.
I read through the post on here with the CR4 XL PHAT Jasper install guide, and I'm not new to opening the Xbox or soldering, but I've never done these specific hacks, and I was hoping to find a wire diagram for what needs to be soldered. There also seem to be a lot of other devices mentioned in that tutorial, a QSB kit and a JR Programmer, are these required?
The product page for the CR4 XL I'm looking at purchasing mentions just a 5 wire setup, but I've got absolutely no idea which wires. Is it that you look at a regular JTAG install guide for most of it, and then the install guide posted here for the steps that the CR4 streamlines?

Oh, also what gauge wire would be best? I have spare wire, but want to make sure it's not too small.

I tried my best to learn as much information as possible before asking for help, in case the answer was easy to find, but I can't find anything detailing which connections to solder between the CR4 and the Jasper motherboard, and since it looks like the seller is probably going to sell it to me, I want to know which boards I need to buy, and which connections to solder, so I can do this ASAP.

If I've asked any stupid questions, or missed some information I should've found myself, sorry for wasting anybody's time, I'll just keep looking myself.

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Oh, awesome! So then with the CR4 XL and the JRProgrammerV2, I should have everything I need? What about a wire diagram?

SoggieWafflz

Noob Account
Sep 6, 2019
Washington
So, in that guide it's also got a QUSB kit or what have you wired up: I would just wire everything the same way, excluding any PCBs I don't have?