GENERAL What mod is this?????

chickenchoker

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2013
This xbox will not update to any dash. It is stuck on 13604. Don't know if that has to do with this mod that I recently discovered(see picture) after opening it up due to e74 error. Thank you very much.

Attachments

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
This xbox will not update to any dash. It is stuck on 13604. Don't know if that has to do with this mod that I recently discovered(see picture) after opening it up due to e74 error. Thank you very much.
That would be jtag wiring my friend which I don't see the point if it's on that dash...

Reactions: chickenchoker

chickenchoker

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2013
Hmm... ok I wonder if that's preventing the update. I'm gonna remove all that sh*t and hopefully it will update once I bake it.

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
Hmm... ok I wonder if that's preventing the update. I'm gonna remove all that sh*t and hopefully it will update once I bake it.
Bake it huh... Prob needs gpu replacement.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
The E74 error means the eDRAM on the GPU is faulty and it is almost impossible to replace it (it's also not worth the hassle to even attempt it).

The only fix for your console is to replace the GPU.

The E74 error has nothing to do with JTAG wiring or the NAND image.

Last edited:

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
did you already try to update it, there is a chance that this was a functioning j-tag before you started, and you just never knew it, in which case a stock update would either fail, or not boot properly, because with a jtag you actually have to build a new patched image. also something that might be worth looking into is if the person who installed the j-tag mod also installed of efuse protection. If they did, then it is just a matter of flashing a new nand.

chickenchoker

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2013
Thanks very good info. Actually it is an e79 code Im getting. I already removed all of the wiring HASTILY and its still giving me e79 on boot. I have never done r-jtag or any jtag for that matter and never flashed nand so I'm guessing my first step would be to get the xecuter ultimate jtag kit? I have a whole lot to learn I know

Last edited: