LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM What product(s) do I need

09sparky

Noob Account
Oct 10, 2012
I currently have the xbox360 4gb (slim) with a lighton 16D4S 0225 Firmware. My goal is to be able to play my backed up games (once I am able to back them up - will search online).

I am considering purchasing the "X360USB PRO V2" but am wondering what else I need?

I see some posts saying I need: 1) Sputnik360 Unlock Probe or Sputnik360 Unlock Switch is needed for Liteon DG-16D4S key extraction

2) 12v MOLEX/SATA PSU is required for all drive functions. A 5v USB power source is not adequate.

3) Liteon DG-16D4S - Unlocked Replacement PCB V1.1
- can any of these tools unlock the existing one?

So, I am confused as to what I actually need to purchase. I was hoping the "X360USB PRO V2" as its talked up to be a great improvement over V1 (which I am sure it is), would take care of everything I need, but I'm thinking its not at this point.

If someone could let me know exactly what I need to accomplish my goals, I would appreciate it. I see the "X360USB PRO V2 ultimate or bundle pack" also available, so this even further confuses me. Once I get all the correct parts I am looking forward to the task of modifying.

Thanks in advance,
Sparky

ekolekua

Dec 14, 2011
Sonora, Mexico
www.facebook.com
what you will need for sure is the X360USB PRO V2, it comes with the cables that you need to conect it to your computer and to your drive. Second you need to unlock your drives in order to flash it, heres a great post that would help you out with that
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68322
If you think is too complicated just buy the unlocked replacement pcb heres a post that would help you out
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67582

Sorry for my poor english :$
greetings from Mexico

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Read the JungleFlasher PDF and it will tell you how to check which drive type you have.

MXIC - can use a sputnik probe to unlock.
Winbond - either Kamikaze or use a replacement PCB (we recommend the latter of course).