what would you do?

cattocatto

Noob Account
Jul 6, 2019
earth
just wanna know peoples opinions...

i bought a 360 slim trinity a few days ago, it was working fine, but it was running hot, so i opened it to clean the fan, heat sink, and board, and repaste it, but when i put the board back in, it stopped displaying video, but played sound. not good... from what i gather, that means a reball, or at the very least, a reflow with good flux.

is an untouched slim trinity, in the condition mine is in, worth reballing/reflowing and doing an rgh...?

cattocatto

Noob Account
Jul 6, 2019
earth
i know its cheaper to buy another 360, i already did, and luckily it has a flashed liteon drive. not sure what version its running but it works... it came with an activate disc and a wave4 disc... i hear theyre for games like madden.

as for the slim trinity, i think i might hot air reflow it and flood it with flux to try minimise lasting damage. i dont have the capacity to reball it myself, because i have no stencil or solder balls, so a reflow is as good as im going to get on it, and it doesnt really matter if it dies permanently, because its already broken.

in the uk, the cheapest reball ive found is £40, not including shipping, which is already more than i paid for it... so diy hot air reflow seems like the best option, and i mean hell, if it revives it, i can still rgh it, for the fun of it

@Game_Over would these be the correct units for the jasper/trinity rgh ?

firstly, the Team Xecuter NAND-X USB Programmer RGH Edition with V3 Code

and secondly, the Coolrunner Rev C

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
That should work.

I wrote a guide a long time ago for you to reference as hardware suggestion.