When will there be a XeLL_Reloaded-2stages-v0.994 _Rant-ish

DelBoyJamie

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2013
XPGAMESAVES.COM
I'll keep it simple, Back when my RGH was on 16203 xell was v0.991 and as I have a Hitachi DLN10N 0500 everything was ok, since I updated to 16203-16537 and now 16547 as you'll know Xell is XeLL_Reloaded-2stages-v0.993 and this has a known bug with Hitachi drives where Xell doesn't boot properly, thus unable to do anything through Xell.

Now I used to use Xell a hell of a lot (when it booted ok) especially the mupen64 emu. I used this everyday and my 7 year old son also used it all the time.
And have feared if something terrible goes wrong on my RGH I wouldn't be able to flash the nand through Xell and hopefully fix it.
And I'm very disappointed that even after all this time when the creators have been aware of it being a massive bug that affects a massive amount of people (proof just type "Fat Mount uda0" into Google and you will see a massive amount of topics threads etc all having the same issue, and like me I didn't fine a actual correct reason for why my usb stick with mupen64 and all N64 games at one time worked but now doesn't. And like me it took a very long time to actually find out why this is.
And as I said Google it and read some and all 99% of people don't get a fix or a answer other than "uh change your usb stick" and "boot with usb stick in" which all get replies "still doesn't work" and "I have 6 usb fat32 sticks and still none work".

After all this time (when was 16203 released lol) I only recently found out why and that its all down to having a stupid Hitachi drive and if you unplug Xell boots fine, which is correct and which does ease my worries about if my console doesn't boot and I can take my console apart again and actually boot Xell by disconnecting the Drive and able to update/flash the nand and hopefully fix.

Anyway I have read a few comments by Swizzy and him having actually created a XeLL_Reloaded-2stages-v0.994 and has patched the Hitachi drive to work along side Xell and uploaded it several times but all links are dead even one person asked him to re-up it again but that link was dead.

Fair enough I know things take time and most say "do you really need Xell" well my answer is YES and it wouldn't be there if we didn't bloody need it. I don't want to have to keep taking my bloody console apart every time me and my mates want a night in with beer and pizza and hammer the crap out of some retro old N64 games, or when my 7 year old son asks.

So I'm hoping the relevant people see this like Swizzy as I can't get hold of him anywhere and possibly get his compiled XeLL_Reloaded-2stages-v0.994 or even someone here has it.

But my main question is when will this fix be here as I think its taken a very long time and when they are all aware of this issue with 993 Xell and Hitachi drives (no point doing a new Xell with special Corona thing when a massive amount of corona consoles have HITACHI drives lol)

So when is this going to be here or how much longer do we think its going to actaully take to release a fix for this, why is it taking so long, I'm no coder but if Xell boots just by unplugging the drive why can't someone just recode Xell to skip the drive check?

Thank you for taking time to read my I guess rant lol

I must say to all who are involved in creating all this amazing software and hardware I love you all everything you do and most of the time for no profit what you do is great and many peoples lives would be missing a amazing thing if we didn't have jtag's and rgh's so I love you all, TX you are amazing and I swear by your products Swizzy your a god in my eyes with what you do but PLEASE SORT XELL.

Peace, DelBoy :)

Last edited:

Sponce

Jun 18, 2013
You can launch .elf's in Dashlaunch.

You can crack it back open and flash NAND with NAND-X/JR-P. In fact, if you mess up your RGH you'd likely have to do this instead of Xell anyways. Actually, while we're on this topic, you can just look in the J-Runner/xeBuild directory, find the updserv.rar and extract it to the root of any FAT* flash drive and the console will boot into a NAND-flashing LAN server you can use to flash via J-Runner or xeBuild/xeBuildGUI. Xell is not needed at all after the initial Freeboot flash.

The reason it hasn't been released is likely because of these well-known workarounds and the ability to use an older Xell as [email protected] pointed out. Why spend time developing and testing a new release when the only bug in the current one is so easily circumvented? These developers work hard to maintain these releases and give us free toys to play with all while handling their own financial and personal lives. Give them proper credit and respect.

Reactions: DelBoyJamie

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
XeLL isn't created by TX and Swizzy isn't part of the TX team. J-Runner is an image builder in conjunction with a NAND reader/writer etc, using files provided by various sources. If the 'fixed' xell isn't released, there's very little we can do about it.

As suggested, just build a new image with 0.991 of xell if it worked for you.

DelBoyJamie

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2013
XPGAMESAVES.COM
So why wouldn't you create 16547 image with 0.991 Xell ?
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140363
I tried this but after doing so Xell would not boot at all, the console booted fine but xell wouldn't. And I had to re-flash back to my original 16202 nand just to get it back
, thanks for reply
You can launch .elf's in Dashlaunch.

You can crack it back open and flash NAND with NAND-X/JR-P. In fact, if you mess up your RGH you'd likely have to do this instead of Xell anyways. Actually, while we're on this topic, you can just look in the J-Runner/xeBuild directory, find the updserv.rar and extract it to the root of any FAT* flash drive and the console will boot into a NAND-flashing LAN server you can use to flash via J-Runner or xeBuild/xeBuildGUI. Xell is not needed at all after the initial Freeboot flash.

The reason it hasn't been released is likely because of these well-known workarounds and the ability to use an older Xell as [email protected] pointed out. Why spend time developing and testing a new release when the only bug in the current one is so easily circumvented? These developers work hard to maintain these releases and give us free toys to play with all while handling their own financial and personal lives. Give them proper credit and respect.
And if you read the final part of my OP I did give them and everyone credit, please read before saying that, thank you for your response

XeLL isn't created by TX and Swizzy isn't part of the TX team. J-Runner is an image builder in conjunction with a NAND reader/writer etc, using files provided by various sources. If the 'fixed' xell isn't released, there's very little we can do about it.

As suggested, just build a new image with 0.991 of xell if it worked for you.
Thank you, I know none of them have anything officially to do with TX just after a long time trying to get hold of them on the official pages and not getting anywhere, and knowing there are many great minds here I wanted to ask here, thank you for your reply

Thank you very much, have you also used this because of the bug with hitachi drives?, did it work ok for you?
Thank you for your help mate and the upload ;)

Last edited:

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Russia
Sorry, I have never installed freeboot on any Xbox :)
But I have very much info about it

DelBoyJamie

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2013
XPGAMESAVES.COM
sorry I thought you where running v0.994
I thought you took that image, anyway thank you I'll try it out and let you know how it goes, cheers

I'll un-plug my drive and rename the xell-gggggg to updxell.bin and update it hopefully it works after last time trying this with 991 xell wouldn't boot at all

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
sorry I thought you where running v0.994
I thought you took that image, anyway thank you I'll try it out and let you know how it goes, cheers

I'll un-plug my drive and rename the xell-gggggg to updxell.bin and update it hopefully it works after last time trying this with 991 xell wouldn't boot at all
Don't do that. It won't work.

Start J-Runner, then replace the xell-gggggg.bin in common/xell and then build a new image. That's why the .991 didn't work for you.