Where can i buy a Sputnik360 unlock switch ????

briandominico

Jan 21, 2014
does anyone know of a few places that i can buy a few sputnik360 unlock switches
tried googleing but only modchipcentral popped up anybody have any other places (usa, canada or china or..)

thanks

**i dont wants the unlock probe switches, i want the unlock switches

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
why would i buy an unlock pcb for $40 when i have perfectly fine pcb and am capable of installing a $5 chip lol
40 for an unlocked pcb? thats back when they were 1st released. I could get pcb for around 7 to 10$.
I see WNYConsoles has 3x LTU2 PCB (Third Party) NEW. he also writes "If you buy multiple items I will discount accordingly."
see how much u could get am for.

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
I have the probe, this is basically all you need, just cut the trace and use the probe to unlock, then re solder the trace once you're done.

I tried to find somewhere to find the probe or the switch, it seems it hard to find the probe anymore, you'll have to rely on the person above that claims they have the switches, I'd suggest you buy them as they are not easy to find. (I'm so glad I have mine, lol.)

turny

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2010
#JungleFlasher
these sputnik things will only work on a pcb with a mxic spi which are basically the first series of 9504 fw pcbs
once MS released 0225 then 95% of drives were winbond which need drilling/kamikazi as they were locked at the factory
a mxic 9504 pcb will be unlocked anyhow unless its had the 13599 or higher update which will have changed it to 0272 and locked the spi

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
these sputnik things will only work on a pcb with a mxic spi which are basically the first series of 9504 fw pcbs
once MS released 0225 then 95% of drives were winbond which need drilling/kamikazi as they were locked at the factory
a mxic 9504 pcb will be unlocked anyhow unless its had the 13599 or higher update which will have changed it to 0272 and locked the spi
Thats true, that's why they're so hard to find, there is not much demand.

briandominico

Jan 21, 2014
I have the probe, this is basically all you need, just cut the trace and use the probe to unlock, then re solder the trace once you're done.

I tried to find somewhere to find the probe or the switch, it seems it hard to find the probe anymore, you'll have to rely on the person above that claims they have the switches, I'd suggest you buy them as they are not easy to find. (I'm so glad I have mine, lol.)
thanks and i asked him about the switches he said it not worth his time(not really sure why he even responded but...) he want to sell all at once lol who is gonna buy 100 + switches for a mod on systems that are almost 4/5 years old anyways i guess ill keep looking
thanks

rick48235

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
MICH
does anyone know of a few places that i can buy a few sputnik360 unlock switches
tried googleing but only modchipcentral popped up anybody have any other places (usa, canada or china or..)

thanks

**i dont wants the unlock probe switches, i want the unlock switches
I have switches for sale

Last edited: