LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM Where must i solder the resistor?

n1ckiller

Oct 6, 2011
Hi!
I have a big doubt, I have a PCB with MXIC Chip. And the unic homemade methot I found is soldering a resistor and cuting a trace.
My cuestion is where must i solder the resistor? or i can solder in any point the resistor?

Thanks and sorry for my english i'm spanish hahahaha

n1ckiller

Oct 6, 2011
All the people answere the same, can i solder in any point? or ist necesary solder in a exact point?

T3ROR

Feb 8, 2010
i still prefer doing the dremel (kamakazi) method on all slim boards, saves time and when you need to update it takes no time at all.

is your chip the 03 or 05 version, 05 must be drilled FYI

Last edited:

sp4rkst4rt3r

VIP Member
Oct 9, 2010
North-West (UK)
Hi!
I have a big doubt, I have a PCB with MXIC Chip. And the unic homemade methot I found is soldering a resistor and cuting a trace.
My cuestion is where must i solder the resistor? or i can solder in any point the resistor?
Link To Image

Thanks and sorry for my english i'm spanish hahahaha
Do you mean WHICH END OF THE RESISTER do you connect to the PCB? :confused:

n1ckiller

Oct 6, 2011
I mean the beginning of the weld strength above the arrow, the JungleFlasher recognizes the chipset sata ICH7?

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
ok - you're starting to erk me now...........
the picture shows EXACTLY where to solder the resistor....what more do you want? are you looking for an alternative point because the one in the picture is broken??

Last edited:

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
just to add i have never done one of these so am unsure if there is a pad under the solder to the resistor. i undrstood it just to be to ground though.

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

I think u should be the TX official interpreter lol
lmao just wanted to save you pulling your hair out matey lol

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
afaik....the resistor only needs to be put to ground.....it's just annoying when the OP actually provides the picture from the tut then asks where the reisitor needs to be soldered lol.....
guess I'm just losing it today....not in the best of moods tbh...sorry if I seemed a bit harsh OP

n1ckiller

Oct 6, 2011
Perfect, I think I understand where i must to solder the resistor, so i can solder in any ground above the arrow no? Thanks, and sorry but that is new for me, and i dont want to break my slim.

lqtdc

VIP Member
Jul 12, 2011
n1ckiller you dont have to solder the resistor.
what i do is cut the trace and clean the green area in both side and when the clear SPI is send i touch the both sise with the resistor and BAM!!! Ready.
in spanish now.
n1ckiller no tienes que soldar el resistor.
lo que tienes que hacer es cortar la calle como en la foto y raspar el protector verde como esta la foto. cuando mandes el comando para unlock pones una pata en un lado y la otra en el otro y listo. a mi resistencia yo le solde un cablecito para la distancia pero no hay problema si raspas cualquier lugar que este en la misma region, arriba de la flecha blanca grande, toda esa zona es tierra(ground), ok?
cualquier duda me contactas por pm que no creo que se puede hablar espanol aqui ok?

n1ckiller

Oct 6, 2011
n1ckiller you dont have to solder the resistor.
what i do is cut the trace and clean the green area in both side and when the clear SPI is send i touch the both sise with the resistor and BAM!!! Ready.
in spanish now.
n1ckiller no tienes que soldar el resistor.
lo que tienes que hacer es cortar la calle como en la foto y raspar el protector verde como esta la foto. cuando mandes el comando para unlock pones una pata en un lado y la otra en el otro y listo. a mi resistencia yo le solde un cablecito para la distancia pero no hay problema si raspas cualquier lugar que este en la misma region, arriba de la flecha blanca grande, toda esa zona es tierra(ground), ok?
cualquier duda me contactas por pm que no creo que se puede hablar espanol aqui ok?
Oh Thanks :) More easy