Why do some say not to RGH (2.0) a falcon board? Ive got like 5 of them but.....

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
So i have like 5 falcon boards that have the disk drive error from someone replacing the drive and i cant fix them. I know i can grab the key from rghing but i might as well follow through and do the whole thing so i have a modded xbox for myself. Ive tried to do other xboxes and have messed up each time.

I read that some people say not to rgh a falcon. I dont see why not. if someone could tell me why not to do it. or if theres anything special i have to do

Ive got a jr Programmer with a coolrunner rev c. IS there anything i should watch out for.

I am also on dash 16767

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
if that is what you got then go ahead, and just do rgh 2 or for better boot times you can google rgh1.2 but either way you need to do alot of reading to understand how to do this stuff. rgh2 on falcons just doesn't have reliable boot times like rgh 1

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
So i have like 5 falcon boards that have the disk drive error from someone replacing the drive and i cant fix them. I know i can grab the key from rghing but i might as well follow through and do the whole thing so i have a modded xbox for myself. Ive tried to do other xboxes and have messed up each time.

I read that some people say not to rgh a falcon. I dont see why not. if someone could tell me why not to do it. or if theres anything special i have to do

Ive got a jr Programmer with a coolrunner rev c. IS there anything i should watch out for.

I am also on dash 16767
nothing wrong with falcon on rgh.falcons just not as dependable of a board as far as rrod goes as a jasper is,thats it.

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
oh thats not a big deal. I jsut want one to work. Ive tried every board today except jasper. Non of them could get to the xell screen. :( i even did a xenon on accident. But that obviously didnt work at all. But i might need some help with this. Im just about to hook it up to the tv to see if the xell screen is there but i noticed something that was differnet.

When i went to go create a ecc. it didnt have a long bunch of code come up in the code section. it just said ecc created. and then i wrote it and it wrote but usually shouldnt it come up with a bunch of code when creating a ecc.

ablegepu

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama U.S
did any of these consoles work before trying to mod them?
are you following any tutorials?
are you waiting long enough while the coolrunner glitches the console? Could take a while on the first boot, sometimes you have to watch the green light flash 20-30 maybe even 50 times then grab your keys and adjust wire length and tune it.

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
OKay so i got everything working with xell for the first time. I got the cpu key and put it in and then created a xebuild and that worked but then i went to write the nand and it said wrong version? what is this supposed to mean and how can i fix it

here is my code

Started Creation of the 16747 xebuild image
KV Info saved to file
---------------------------------------------------------------
xeBuild v1.14.693
base path changed to C:\Users\james_000.Jamescomputer\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\xeBuild
---- { Image Build Mode } ----
building glitch2 image

C:\Users\james_000.Jamescomputer\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\028314382407\updflash.bin image built, info:
Kernel : 2.0.16747.0
Console : Falcon
NAND size : 16MiB
Build : Glitch (v2)
Xell : power on console with console eject button
Serial : *******************
ConsoleId : ****************
MoboSerial: ****************
Mfg Date : 06/09/2008
CPU Key : **********
1BL Key : ***********************
DVD Key : ***********************
CF LDV : 25
KV type : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)
xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.
Saved to C:\Users\james_000.Jamescomputer\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\028314382407
Image is Ready
Initializing updflash.bin..
Falcon/Opus
Nand Initialization Finished
Version: FF
Wrong Version.

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
Figured out my own issure for anyone who may be in the same situation. I had my dash version wrong. (obviously) i had it at dash 16747 instead of 16767 so i changed that and made a new xebuild and its loading right now.