Why does nowhere sell the Slim Proto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyman70718

Noob Account
Nov 3, 2016
I was thinking about RGHing my xbox 360 trinity 250GB but I can't find anywhere that sells it. The one place that did said that they don't sell it anymore. Are they not being produced anymore or are they banned in the US?

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
I was thinking about RGHing my xbox 360 trinity 250GB but I can't find anywhere that sells it. The one place that did said that they don't sell it anymore. Are they not being produced anymore or are they banned in the US?
proto was a prequisit to the cr4,and now the cr4 isnt even produced anymore either.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Cr4 is still being produced I think

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
There is a guide for the cr4, which is different than the cr4. Honestly, at this point in the game, TX products are really hard to find, so unless you can find a back stock, I would suggest looking into options that support S-RGH. I cant go into much more detail, as the only TX product that supports this that I know of is the DGX, and that has also been discontinued.

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
There is a guide for the cr4, which is different than the cr4. Honestly, at this point in the game, TX products are really hard to find, so unless you can find a back stock, I would suggest looking into options that support S-RGH. I cant go into much more detail, as the only TX product that supports this that I know of is the DGX, and that has also been discontinued.
i thought i seen a post that oggy said its ok as long as its not a clone. But dont hold me to it

Last edited:

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
i thought i seen a post that oggy said its ok as long as its not a clone. But dont hold me to it
TX is a hardware manufacturer first and foremost. They cant get upset if you find timing files that work on the DGX, better than the RGX files. They will get upset if you try to support another manufacturers product, and there are plenty of them out there, or if you are supporting cloned tx products, as they are loosing money on that. they have never made money off of timing files, which is why most of them are included in j-runner for free. They would have probably included r-jtag, cr3, slim proto, and cr4 timing files, but in doing that, it helps with chip cloning, as half the battle is the software on the chip, which TX supplies, as if they didnt the chip would be useless. But the reality is they make their money from chip/qsb sales. This money helps support these forums, hince why they dont want you to support clones, and or other teams products on their forums. in all fairness though, 15432 has done some awesome work, that works on those clones/other products, and will compare with RGH2+ on cr4, so save a bunch of money, and get almost the same result.

Last edited:

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Sadly the orders for products are low, and production runs of CR4 are rare these days, as is not like before when a reseller orders 10,000 at time, they barely order 100 at time, but keep an eye on our official resellers both http://shop01media.com and http://modchipcentral.com they should be getting stock again soon from another small production run to met this year's holiday demand which surprising enough been higher than previous years, we are lucky to see 500 worldwide sold in one holiday season now.

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
Sadly the orders for products are low, and production runs of CR4 are rare these days, as is not like before when a reseller orders 10,000 at time, they barely order 100 at time, but keep an eye on our official resellers both http://shop01media.com and http://modchipcentral.com they should be getting stock again soon from another small production run to met this year's holiday demand which surprising enough been higher than previous years, we are lucky to see 500 worldwide sold in one holiday season now.
these cr4 are they gonna be able to work with phat as some says ,last batched didnt work on phats just slims

guyman70718

Noob Account
Nov 3, 2016
I found a coolrunner rev.c and rev.d cloned on amazon (the desc says it is) and the reviews are mixed on the rev.c. I rather buy it from amazon, so should I risk it?

Running4Hippos

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2015
Ontario, Canada

blame it on obama

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
blame it on obama
Why would you blame it on obama? What does the president in one country have to do with modchip production in another. If I were going to blame anyone, it would be 15432, for releasing awesome timing files that work on cheaper hardware, and still give you instaboot. Not blaming him, as s-RGH, and RGH1.2 are awesome. I have used both, not only for the price factor, but also because the CR4 is getting harder to find, and with those files, it seems financially irresponsible to suggest to my client that they should spend $40 on a chip, when they can spend $7 and get the same results. I make the same amount either way. Now in my personal consoles I have TX products, as I have been running TX since the days of the OG xbox, and trust their product, and at the time their products were the fastest glitching for the 360. Now, I install more s-rgh/rgh1.2 than anything else, usually using non TX products. Now that being said, RGH1.2 works on the CR rev C, which I would prefer to use on phats, but as that product is discontinued due to cheap clones, I seriously doubt they are going to start remaking it for rgh1.2. Also should give credit to 15432 for his dual nand solution, which works great. The only thing I can say about the demon over this, is that it has a nicer interface for Nand R/W, and that 15432's solution still requires trace cuts on some consoles, maybe, he might have fixed that, it has been a while since I did that mod. It is cool, as all nand switching and smc resetting is done with the glitch chip, and it gives you the added protection of not being able to change nands while the console is on, you have no idea how many times I have had children hit the nand switch button on my demon while playing a game. lol.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
f**king hell, don't they teach people to use paragraphs these days?

Chip manufacturing died a death well before 15432 done anything purposeful. It's been a massive ball ache for the last few years.

All the big resellers didn't disappear because 15432 wrote some vhdl, sometimes I think people believe the bullshit they type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.