Why isn't my TX SX Pro Dongle Working?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
There is no public news or info regarding the fix. Keep your eyes peeled for news. Everything you need to know will be included at that time. No ETA.

Reactions: pjrg

kONSTANTIN

Noob Account
Jan 15, 2019
MSK
Hi, guys) Hope my situation will help someone//

One day my son came to me, telling that our switch w os x pro is a brick.
NO BUTTONS HELPED/// charging Switch in dock not even signilized with green light. Ive thought even it was a battery problem..
I came here ( this forum, this topic) to find out some info and came to a SOLUTION.

1. Charge the dongle wia supplied micro USB cable for 8 sec.
2. Connect dongle to Switch
- after that I got a flashing OS logo, but then black nothing..like brick again! But that inspired me, cause Ive seen only a brick for several days///// LOGO was enough to make me feel Im on the right way/////
3. Press Power shortly again
- and it starts like there is no OS X on it!
4. Booted normally ( ddddddddddddddamn that was great )
5. Turned off
6. Tryed to pirate boot as always --- POWER and + ( dongle and jig inside )...SAME sh*t BRICK HAPPENED
7. Repeated steps 1-6
8. PROFIT!!! It booted like many times before..like there was no brick story..feels to me like shamanic dance)

Summary - KEEP AN EYE ON THIS TOPIC. KEEP TRYING. YOU CAN DO IT)

P/s I dont remember did I pull of the dongle in step 2 before pressing power shortly..sorry, dont want to try again))))
And main Idea - IF SWITCH LOOKS LIKE A BRICK - CHECK THIS DONGLE TOPIC!!!

Hope this could help or at least inspire you )

mariuszkoman

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
39-300
After pressing the "vol + and power" keys, the SXOS menu starts. But when I click "Boot custom firmware", only the black screen appears and nothing happens ...
I do not know what to do.
The system version of my console is 7.0.
The "boot" file is in version 2.5.3

Attachments

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
After pressing the "vol + and power" keys, the SXOS menu starts. But when I click "Boot custom firmware", only the black screen appears and nothing happens ...
Do you have an EmuNAND you are trying to boot into? If not you are out of luck. 7.0 is not compatible with SX OS right now.

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
If
It remains to wait for SX OS to work on software 7.0?
if your sysnad is on 7.0 and you do not have an emunand on 6.2.0, you will have to wait till the next version of SX OS to be released with 7.0 compatibility.

mariuszkoman

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
39-300
If

if your sysnad is on 7.0 and you do not have an emunand on 6.2.0, you will have to wait till the next version of SX OS to be released with 7.0 compatibility.
I was afraid that I broke something and nothing works as it should.
Thank you very much for help. Nothing, just wait for a newer version;)

bmas10

Noob Account
Feb 12, 2019
United States
I have a sysnand of 6.0.1 (downgraded from 7.0) and an emunand of 6.0.1, but cannot get the SXOS CFW to boot. I can get to the bootloader and boot other CFW's, but not the one I paid a license for (SX Pro user). Any ideas?

nicc83

Noob Account
Sep 17, 2018
Ohh thankyou for this guide. I feel such a dummy! I didn't realise the dongle needed charging.
Duuhhhhh
:)

RavenCrow

Noob Account
Mar 18, 2019
Lisbon
A suggestion on this original thread. You mention that if you have a license you can add that to the SD card as well.
However, if you do, then you are not supposed to go to the bootloader are you? you are supposed to go directly to the CFW?
In that case, if there are additional problems (with the license for example) you would see the splash screen but thena black screen as nothing would happen. Can you confirm this?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
The system version of my console is 6.2.0
The "boot" file is in version Not sure
Please help
please visit sx.xecuter.com and get the latest boot.dat reformat your sd card snd give it another try.

DJ H

Noob Account
Jul 3, 2019
NL
is there a way to push the buttons in this screen without touchscreen, my touchscreen is defect

barelynotlegal

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2009
PHX,AZ
so i got my pro today,from what i understand the liscense is in the pro dongle correct? i am running 8.1 right now and have a fresh formatted ex-fat memory card. i have made sure i get a solid green light on the pro dongle to make its fully charged. on my sdcard i have put the boot and nx-hb menu on the root with other folders like switch and nintendo .
i can reinX and other "cfw" but when i hold vol+ and power i get nothing, no green light on dongle and just sits in rcm mode. i can confirm its in rcm with tegra. any suggestions?

SideWinderz

Noob Account
Aug 27, 2019
MExico
the same thing happens to my switch, help!! mi switchs version is 8.1.0

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
How long does the charge last on the dongle? Seems like I only get 3-4 boots before I have to recharge it

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hmm, I think I'm just going to install it inside my switch then. Do you think there will be battery drain if it's hard wired inside the switch?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Hmm, I think I'm just going to install it inside my switch then. Do you think there will be battery drain if it's hard wired inside the switch?
That depends on how you install it. I have a guide here that needs updated with better solder points. The next time I install one internally I will update the guide.

Reactions: Funtimez