Why isn't my TX SX Pro Dongle Working?

barelynotlegal

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2009
PHX,AZ
@Game_Over
when i first got the dongle i could boot to the options menu where i could back up my nand and other things, now it seems when i tap power while holding volume i see sxos boot image then boots to cfw dash. there is not a option menu anymore, i did notice before i would just hold power+volume and it would load menu screen, now it just stays black and enters rcm mode. i noticed rcm is off as well. im running 8.1.0 and want to update to 9.1.0
what could be the cause of this?
thanX in advance

forgot to mentiom that my pro dongle is charged and i use the switch in dock mode. i also noticed while trying, holding power+volume and saw a blue light from pro dongle

update: tried payload and works to boot to cfw but not the option menu.. missing something from bootloader maybe?

Last edited:

barelynotlegal

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2009
PHX,AZ
Been real busy at work. I’ll give a try tomorrow but I’m pretty sure that it just enters rcm mode. And I use tetra and hekate to power off. (That’s if I keep holding power button

Cerunnos917

Noob Account
Dec 23, 2019
USA
I used to be able to inject payload from my computer and SXOS booted, If i try using PRO dongle green - lights up on dongle sxos load screen flashes then i get a black screen. Now my computer does the same thing.How do i fix this?

Also I never get boot loader when it loads from PC injection... it just boots straight into SXOS

Last edited:

gil2k

Noob Account
Jan 5, 2020
france
hi, My switch serial starts by "XKJ". As I cannot find this in your guide, i wanted to make sure your linker could work.
Thx :)

bfollowell

Aug 27, 2019
Evansville, IN
How long should a charge last on the dongle?

First of all, mine used to charge really fast like what this original post says, 10-15 seconds. Now it takes more like 45-60 seconds. Also, I can only boot my Switch 3-4 times before I need to charge my dongle again. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
How long should a charge last on the dongle?

First of all, mine used to charge really fast like what this original post says, 10-15 seconds. Now it takes more like 45-60 seconds. Also, I can only boot my Switch 3-4 times before I need to charge my dongle again. Is this normal?

Thanks.
It only takes 3-5 seconds to charge the capacitors inside the dongle. If yours isn't charging, the super capacitors may be going bad.

bfollowell

Aug 27, 2019
Evansville, IN
I'm not sure what type of warranty they come with. I bought mine August 28 and haven't used it all that much. How would I go about checking into a replacement? I've tried to check with the reseller I bought from, modchipsdirect.com, but their web-site has said it is temporarily closed for maintenance for a while.