Will this pcb unlocked work?

TechFreak2516

BANNED
Jun 30, 2014
I have already recived the the keys and saved all the info from my liteon dg-16d4s dvd drive.It has the mxic chip running firmware version 0272.I have 17 dollars left total to spend.i have already purchased and recived my xecuter x360 usb pro v2 and i got the keys and all. And i have good soldering experience.I just need to know,when you buy the unlocked replacement pcb,cant you simply just get a 9504 pcb,and flash it from there,why in the hell would i hae to buy a 0272 or 0401 or a 0225 when you can just simply spoof your drive dvd key to the board with 9504 on it?Please i am ready to buy anything (Basically) To get this drive flashed.Thanks for reading this crap. :)

TechFreak2516

BANNED
Jun 30, 2014
actually,just ignore the post above,as for i am not ok with waiting that damn long for it to come to me,i really want to get it flashed as soon as possible,and i know for a fact that there has got to be another way.

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Any DG-16D4S board works as long as it's unlocked, what Fw it was on doesn't matter at all.

- - - Updated - - -

actually,just ignore the post above,as for i am not ok with waiting that damn long for it to come to me,i really want to get it flashed as soon as possible,and i know for a fact that there has got to be another way.
And yes, Google mxic sputnik unlock. It's easily done.

TechFreak2516

BANNED
Jun 30, 2014
Any DG-16D4S board works as long as it's unlocked, what Fw it was on doesn't matter at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, Google mxic sputnik unlock. It's easily done.
thanks mate,but actually i am a lot more confused than ever before.I did some research on the mxic sputnik unlock. i dont want to have to solder a resistor,and a trace cut,that sounds more expensive and way more confusing.Bro,i am kind of a knoob to this first flash,and i just please need somewhere to look at,i would rather solder on a switch,or something easier,the sputnik unlock probe is WAY to confusing.is there any other way?

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
If you can't handle unlocking a MXIC pcb you should use a replacement unlocked pcb or better yet find someone else to do it. If you take the time to understand what needs to be done you will see this board is not that hard to unlock. You are being impatient and that never ends well we have all seen it too many times. Those are your options. Also read the jungleflasher PDF

Last edited:

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
thanks mate,but actually i am a lot more confused than ever before.I did some research on the mxic sputnik unlock. i dont want to have to solder a resistor,and a trace cut,that sounds more expensive and way more confusing.Bro,i am kind of a knoob to this first flash,and i just please need somewhere to look at,i would rather solder on a switch,or something easier,the sputnik unlock probe is WAY to confusing.is there any other way?
If you are in the UK I will swap an unlocked Winbond for your MXIC and I will even flash it for you.

Looking at your other thread I guess you are in the US since you mention $.

Last edited: